Retail Area ManagerReq ID 80250BR Job category Retail Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location United Kingdom - Flexible - Home Based (UK) Apply now
The Area Manager has overall accountability for the safe & efficient operation of an average of 18 M&S Simply Food, Connect or Express sites (Company Operated and Franchise Operated). Including all aspects of Health & Safety, People, Customer, Contract and Financial measures as well as delivering Operational Excellence in customer service & operational execution.
They will understand customer needs and be capable to influence effectively on product & service development accordingly.
They will own and develop the area strategy in line with the business and district strategy.
The role will be responsible for the Oxford / Reading region.
- A competitive salary applies
- Closing Date 23rd August 2017
- Personal Leadership and responsibility for the Safety and well-being of everyone in the area and wider team.
- Develop and coach the store teams within the area to deliver legendary customer service experiences in all stores.
- Leads and manages area-wide staffing levels ensuring the delivery of the Diversity & Inclusion agenda and to provide a meritocratic environment in the delivery of the correct staffing mix (full time & part time) and management staffing levels. Ensures management and staff development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain area operational requirements.
- Ensures that the Franchise Operator for Express sites understands and delivers against their contractual responsibilities and execute the offer and operating standards as prescribed taking appropriate action if contractual breaches exist.
- Provides leadership to increase sales, reduce costs and deliver the financial business plan.
- Delivers Operational Excellence across all stores by addressing any weakness or opportunities found by, and set through the Assurance Team’s actions and checks. Enabling full compliance with legislation and company policies and procedures, and to deliver and maintain consistent operating and merchandising standards.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience of managing a team
- Previous retail experience desirable but not essential. Preferably at multi-site level or on site experience working in an outlet in a management capacity with a high level of operational standards achieved during that period.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and motivate others to deliver outstanding performance
- Sound financial awareness with the ability to interpret financial and key performance indicators into clear actions to deliver performance improvement
- Successful track record of results & goal achievements, improving year on year performances and people development
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- A company car will be provided in this role which is a home-based role with at least an average of 4.5 days spent at store per week, with the majority of time in store during peak trading periods throughout the year
- Weekend, Bank Holiday and night tours are required as part of this role.
- The Area Manager role will be expected use all electronic communication equipment provided to respond to emergency HSSE calls on a regular basis and to be available for contact via mobile phone by Store Teams on a 24 hour a day, 7 days per week basis
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 75%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.
[ "08-Aug-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Ukraine Finance Manager Kiev 24/07/2017
- Territory Retail/IWS Business Development Manager, FE Vladivostok, Primorskiy Kray 24/07/2017
- Personal Assistant/Internal Comms Assistant Milton Keynes, England 24/07/2017