Alaska Midstream ManagerReq ID 94521BR Job category Engineering Countries (State/Region) Alaska Location United States - Alaska - Anchorage Apply now
The Midstream Manager is responsible for supporting joint venture governance in pursuit of safe, reliable, compliant and efficient operation of BP’s oil pipelines that transport Alaskan North Slope (ANS) crude. This includes BP’s interests in the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS), Milne Point Pipeline, and Point Thomson Export Pipeline (PTEP).
- Support the provision of safe, reliable, compliant and efficient transportation services to shippers of ANS from the North Slope through TAPS, and to the US West Coast.
- Performance manage delivery of the above by influencing the operators of BP’s midstream assets – Alyeska Pipeline Service Company for TAPS, Harvest for Milne Point PL., and ExxonMobil for PTEP.
- Meet all fiduciary requirements associated with being Vice President of BP (Pipelines) Alaska Inc. and BP Transportation (Alaska) Inc.
- Provide leadership to Alyeska and TAPS through membership of TAPS Owners Committee.
- Manage relationships with key regulators and assure compliance with terms of Rights of Way. Assure compliant operations of our contract operators (Alyeska, COP, XOM).
- Assure optimum commercial common carrier performance as well as common carrier regulatory compliance. Make appropriate rate filings, manage litigation, etc.
- Works collaboratively with TAPS partners to assure TAPS reliability.
- Be active in the community in support of the AK Region and Alyeska.
- BS or higher in technical and/or commercial disciplines.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 10+ years of oil industry experience, preferably in transportation operations, supply and joint venture management.
- Significant experience with the commercial aspects of regulated pipelines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in an environment where diplomacy and influencing are the keys to success.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Alaska experience to understand the regulatory and political context of Alaska.
- Prior formal management experience.
- Experience in managing complex litigation.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login