Temporary Logistics CoordinatorUnited States - Maryland - Baltimore
Job profile summary:
- Contribute to safe operations through interaction with the team including completion of audits, HSE required trainings, safety observations and group meeting activities.
- Work closely with logistics service to provide a balanced workload that can safely be accomplished to meet customer demand in full and on time
- Ensure proper paperwork is provided for all shipments as required (BOLs, CofA’s, Customs, Export documents)
- Completion, organization and retention of all required documentation to support delivery to the customer
- Supply reports as needed to enable meaningful analysis and summary of data for plant logistics management
- Deployment of STO’s through coordination with the SNP Planner, SLI Logistics and Plant Scheduler
- Use of SAP to analyze inventory to ensure product is available to meet daily shipping requirements
- Trouble shooting of SAP shipment issues for creation of deliveries and to improve loading efficiencies
- Work closely with CCSA to schedule export order and shipments and manage inbound/outbound containers to meet proper requested dates
- Monitor pick-ups of all shipments to ensure carriers meet BP and customer expectations
Reports to: Planning Manager
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.