Procurement SpecialistUnited States - Washington - Blaine
Job profile summary:
- Act as the site-based interface to requesters on site and to local suppliers, as defined by the SPM, ensuring business stakeholders are satisfied with their Procurement service.
- Work as part of a single Downstream Procurement organisation, providing a coordinated and aligned interface for business stakeholders, through effective communication and interaction with the global Downstream Procurement organisation
- Provides specialist Procurement advice and guidance to business stakeholders
- Represent Procurement and SPM in regular engagement with stakeholder groups (i.e. HSSEQ, HR, Finance, Admin Network, etc)
- Manages demand analysis and gathers business needs across spend, including management and planning
- Leads local supplier performance management and compliance program (CAM program) on behalf of category management team including supplier planning, target setting and holding key
- Manages inputs to regional and/or local business, supplier and demand insight provided to category teams to inform future category and sourcing strategy development
- Work with category teams to ensure timeliness and quality of sourcing and contracting; oversee day to-day interaction with GBS
- Work with Storehouse on identifying details regarding inbound shipments and delivery of equipment & materials relevant to stakeholder needs
- Provide break-in support for short wavelength sourcing, contracting and negotiating (as required by category organization, due to business demand and capacity)
- Coordinating multiple requests from various inter-departmental stakeholders and functional partners. Role requires significant multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- University degree in a technical or related equivalent business discipline or relevant years of experience required.
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience required
- Basic Application in tactical procurement
- Skilled Application in supplier management
- Skilled Application in business and demand planning
- Basic Application in category strategy execution
- Experience in Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable.
- Skilled Application in Commercial negotiation skills.
- Skilled Application in Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Basic Application in Organisational and project management skills.
- Basic Application in Financial and market analysis skills.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.