Praktikum / Internship Finance - Standort BochumGermany - North Rhine-Westphalia - Bochum
Internship for 6 months, with flexible start date.
Bachelor- or Master-Thesis could be included.
Finance: International Planning, Performance & Reporting.
- Compiling and Issuing weekly forecast information on key business developments to the relevant BP stakeholders (This could be Refining, Retail or Inland Trading across Germany, Europe and Africa).
- Develop an understanding of Oil market developments, the impacts on BP's business, and draft Monthly commentary.
- Supporting Gross Margin analysis of BP’s refineries in Central Europe.
- Supporting Margin reporting of European Retail and Trading activity.
- Monitoring how the activity fits with strategic objectives.
- Supporting the Business, Functional and Head Office Plan process – Understanding assumptions for planning process.
- Drafting commentaries for Plan and Forecast in the different business cycles (quarter, month).
- Maintaining BP tools which support Plan, Forecast and Actuals processes.
Experienced Bachelor- or Masterstudent in
Accounting/ Controlling/ Finance/ Economics/ Business Administration/ International Management or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Ability to recognize complex interrelations
- Very good understanding of business and financial data
- Good understanding of Excel, particularly formulas and Pivots
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
- B2 English: professional written and spoken
- B2 German: professional written and spoken
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Experience with SAP-BW, Fi-Co is highly desirable
- Able to work and communicate within international Team
- Ambitious, smart, self-motivated
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
As one of BP’s three regional fuels businesses in Downstream, Fuels Europe & Southern Africa is delivering today, shaping tomorrow. Our industry is changing faster than at any time in our lifetime. The world is mobilising to make low carbon a reality. We will help drive this transition, leveraging digital technology to modernise the way we work and keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
With nearly 7,500 employees operating in 14 different countries, we carry out refining, supply, sales and marketing activities to capture and sustain the most value from our fuels assets (including four refineries and 8000+ retail sites) and invest in our customer relationships. Along with support from functional teams providing specialist knowledge in the areas of safety, finance, information technology, procurement, strategy, communications, HR and legal, we also work closely with internal expert partners such as the Global Business Service (GBS), Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) and Global Fuels Technology (GFT). We are brand leaders with BP and Aral and also operate under our convenience brands Wild Bean Cafe and Petit Bistro as well as our partnership brands Marks & Spencer, Albert Heijn, Rewe, Pick n Pay and Piotr & Pawel.
In Fuels ESA we know that what we do is important for BP and for our customers. We safely manufacture, transport and market quality products, which fulfil everybody’s needs for warmth, light and mobility. As a market leader, we develop trendsetting offers and create convenient ways for customers to re-energise during a busy day. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where everybody can contribute and grow. And we are embracing digitalization and work towards a lower carbon energy future. Above all, our first priority is safe, reliable and compliant operations.