Key Account ManagerUnited States - Illinois - Chicago
Job profile summary:
Responsible for co-ordinating sales activities for strategically important Key Accounts, delivering the strategic plan to meet the business' growth aspirations and supporting the development of key account sales strategies to maximise profitability and sales opportunities. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
The BP Key Account Manager (KAM) leads branded and commercial business for BP. The BP KAM develops and leads negotiations with customer HQ and field management for new branded site acquisitions, branded site performance, and investment action plans; ensuring BP goals are delivered. The role may also participate in commercial business development as the opportunities arise. The KAM is also responsible for the developing long-term BP strategic account plans that support growth for the key accounts team and BP Fuels NA.
- Develops and delivers multi-year strategic growth plans for assigned customers.
- Delivers Volume, Margin, Helios, Share, and Safety targets
- Leads large contract negotiations for branded and (select) commercial business
- Collaborates with the customer to establish a common set of goals and objectives with a focus on value creation, mutual ownership, and execution
- Develop and maintain account plans that reflect growth plans and progress towards goals
- Develop new branded site growth – develops, implements, and coordinates efforts for the acquisition of branded site
- Cross Functional Leadership – leads cross functional team members in support of strategic initiatives. Works directly with Supply, Marketing, P&O in the development of programs and plans that support the execution of CK/BP strategic initiatives and growth plans.
- Sales Prospecting – proactively identifies opportunities for new business through analysis of demand profiles of customers, BP market area plans, and through direct relationships with customers
- 4 year college degree is required
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.