NA Truck SchedulerUnited States - Illinois - Chicago
Job profile summary:
The NA Truck Scheduler is part of an experienced commercial team and supports the delivery performance of BP’s carrier base for multiple BP Businesses including Fuels NA (gasoline, diesel, ethanol, asphalt), Air BP (jet fuel) and select IST products (butanes and bio-diesel). This role reports into the Scheduling Operations Lead and works closely with all members of the larger NA Truck Scheduling Team. The role is accountable for executing the process of ordering and scheduling all light oil and related product deliveries within a prescribed geography to retail and commercial customers via contracted third party carriers. Point of contact for planned / unplanned supply communications internally and to third party partners. Interfaces frequently with various internal BP supported businesses (Retail, Supply, Sales and IST teams) in support of optimizing supply chains and delivering reliable service.
- Primary interface with carriers, internal customers and 3PL for logistics coordination and delivery of product via secondary transportation. Accountable for receiving and coordinating customer ordering, the physical product scheduling and delivery of all light oil and related products within a prescribed geography to retail and commercial customers via contracted third party carriers. Maintain and update scheduling systems as needed to reflect current operations.
- Support safe, reliable and efficient product delivery. Assist Global Fuels Technology by coordinating carrier activities to resolve product quality events.
- Manage carrier delivery performance to meet or exceed agreed upon KPI metrics. Prepare carrier performance data and scorecards utilizing a robust suite of performance metric tools and templates. Use effective communication to develop and foster third party relationships and proactively manage underperforming carriers to improve performance. Make recommendations to replace underperforming carriers.
- Assist in identifying and recommending potential new carriers. Contribute to carrier performance reporting; participate in carrier reviews and drive improvement in HSSE, carrier performance reliability and Order to Cash process metrics.
- Primary point of contact for planned / unplanned supply availability communications to key internal business stakeholders and to external third party carriers. Effectively communicate impacts to current operations and present alternate supply options.
- Support growth agenda by identifying / delivering cost efficiency ideas or opportunities to capture commercial value.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in scheduling, supply, or logistics or related industry experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Understanding of and/or previous experience scheduling light oil product deliveries.
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to work independently and prioritize decisions under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated record of working effectively across teams to build trust, support and commitment.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.