Senior Measurement EngineerReq ID 79106BR Job category Engineering Countries (State/Region) Illinois Location United States - Illinois - Chicago Apply now
Administer policies and procedures to ensure accurate and reliable volumetric and mass measurement to accurately collect tariff revenue and properly account for custody transfer transactions.
- Act as the USPL champion in the area of measurement for the commodities transported via our pipelines
- Manage relationships with BP Affiliates/FVC, Global Fuels Technology, Shippers, JV partners, and Operations
- Provide oversight and assistance to USPL projects related to measurement
- Coordinate USPL participation with industry organizations including AOPL, API, ASTM and PRCI to monitor and keep abreast of upcoming issues related to quality and measurement
- Act as the Technical Authority for measurement related technical practices and update them to keep them current
- Assist operations in solving complicated measurement issues
- Lead Investigations on system imbalances on USPL pipeline systems as needed
- Maintain / develop performance metrics for measurement systems and monitor performance over time
- Provide solutions to correct measurement imbalances
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other Technical Discipline
- Professional Engineer
Essential experience and job requirements
- 8+ years pipeline operations experience
- 5 years measurement experience
- 8+ years experience in American Petroleum Institute (API) measurement and quality
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
US Pipelines and Logistics (USPL’s) strategy is to create integrated logistics value for BP by maintaining high pipeline, terminal and transportation availability, storage flexibility for trading. It is a pipeline transportation company that owns and operates liquid pipelines and terminal facilities throughout the United States. Employing more than 1200 employees, USPL safely transports millions of barrels per day of oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, carbon dioxide and chemicals throughout the US. The Terminal facilities are light-oil terminals, most of which produce custom blends of gasoline. Additionally, USPL interacts with a number of BP segments including Upstream, Integrated Supply & Trading, and Downstream as well as third party shippers. USPL is also a partner in several joint ventures. In support of these interactions, we maintain a strong business relationship with internal and external customers.
[ "09-Aug-2017" ]
View this location
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login