Sr. Cat Specialist - Mgkt, Tech, PaymentUnited States - Illinois - Chicago
Job profile summary:
Stakeholder Management Support
- In support of the Category Manager, manage the interface between category strategy development and implementation by the delivery organisation, working in partnership with Category Excellence, GBS, Business Interface and Business teams
- Lead the development of communication content to ensure that category specific messages (such as status, plans, compliance, and market insights) are effectively disseminated across the DP organisation, including the business interface organisation
- Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations
- Provide specialist Procurement and category guidance and advice to business stakeholders
- Provide specialist Procurement and category guidance and coaching to more junior members of the DP team
Category Strategy & Implementation Support
- Lead the development of category strategies for low complexity categories (dependent on category scope and seniority of Category Specialist)
- Support CM to ensure a deep expertise within the category area, by accessing MI and external knowledge to ensure the category strategy is informed by an intimate knowledge of the supply market, key dynamics and latest thinking within the field
- Manage inputs to the development of category and sourcing strategies i.e. supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking
- Working with the global category network, supports the development of new and innovative global sources of supply, and working with the business interface organisation, helps to build understanding and support for new sources of supply in the business
Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Lead local and regional contract negotiation and execution
- Lead local and regional supplier management activities
- Execute sourcing (high-medium complexity categories) and oversee sourcing execution by GBS (low-medium complexity categories)
- Support business in contract holder roles, gather performance feedback (and variation requests) for input to supplier performance review
- University degree in a technical or related equivalent business discipline required.
- MCIPS/ISM qualification, or at stage of pre-qualification, desirable.
- 7 - 10 years relevant experience required
- Skilled Application in category strategy development and execution
- Skilled Application in sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Skilled Application in tactical procurement
- Skilled Application in supplier management
- Experience in Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of P2P processes, and SAP system
- Demonstrable experience in the relevant category is preferable
- Skilled Application in Commercial negotiation skills.
- Skilled Application in Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Skilled Application in Organisational and project management skills.
- Skilled Application in Financial and market analysis skills.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.