Manager - HSEReq ID 80953BR Job category Health, Safety, Security & Environment Countries (State/Region) Colorado Location United States - Colorado - Denver bp.com #tag #lower48req Apply now
The L48 HSE Manager will lead a team of 10 HSE professionals that provide their expertise to the North Business Unit in support of safe and reliable operations. The HSE Manager is responsible for HSE-related programs that are paramount to the success of the business and the bedrock of our path to premier status in the industry. The organization will rely on this individual to provide a strong, pragmatic voice in the ongoing quest to reduce and manage HSE risks and hazards from our business. This individual is accountable for HSE leadership, support, and functional guidance for the North Business Unit (BU) in the L48. A singular focus on improving safety performance and sustaining a world-class effort, organization, and partnership with the business is essential for success in this role. The HSE Manager will need to collaborate with business leaders, proactively propose recommendations to emerging issues, and look for creative solutions to serve the business and keep it, the employees, and the community, safe.
BP Lower 48 onshore is one of the largest producers of natural gas in the United States, with a presence in seven of the leading U.S. gas basins. With a huge resource base and a deep expertise in unconventional gas, including shale, the business delivers hydrocarbon production as well as technical knowledge in unconventional gas to BP operations worldwide. The L48 is working continuously on becoming the premier US onshore E&P operator, building a high-energy, high-intensity environment based on accountability, collegiality, and empowerment. Every employee is counted on to add value safely.
- With the Vice Presidents and Leadership Team, implement the L48 HSE vision in the North Business Unit and work relentlessly to see this vision in action every day.
- Assure that L48 remains compliant with all applicable occupational safety and environment regulations and standards at all times.
- Develop, implement, steward, and continuously improve strategies and tactics aimed at preventing process safety events, personal injuries and environmental incidents.
- Work with BU leaders at every level to understand the business, diagnose potential HSE risks, and jointly develop plans to address.
- Support the line in designing and implementing processes aligned with the specific risks and consequences of the L48 business.
- Use a data-driven approach to manage, modify, and deliver on HSE priorities across the business. Use that data to look for trends, explain causes, and consider solutions to HSE issues.
- Develop, collect, and report on HSE metrics and KPIs to monitor safety performance across the business and to inform where/how the business should focus its improvement efforts.
- Actively seek HSE best practices from multiple sources - internal and external - and apply learnings to our business.
- Rapidly and appropriately respond to active incidents or immediate threats across the L48. Provide support to the line on response, investigation, and reporting of incidents.
- Work closely with L48 Legal to understand applicable federal/state/local legislation, interpret implications, and develop action plans.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in HSE, engineering, or science required.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of 15 years of operations and/or engineering experience in multinational energy companies.
- Demonstrated success in leading organizations. Independent or service company experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience leading personal and process safety professionals preferred.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
30 to 50 % travel to production and development locations in Wyoming.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Demonstrated business focus. Self-directed, strong business acumen, and experienced at collaboratively driving improvements.
- Effective level of understanding of the role HSE plays in safety and financial performance at local level and at the company level.
- Proven ability to manage risk and barriers associated with the risks
- Proven ability to identify and manage safety critical systems, permit to work process and management of change process.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple activities with constantly changing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to manage and deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities.
- Relentless drive and determination.
- Ability to build productive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to coach others and provide constructive challenge at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Learn from new ideas and apply solutions to add value.
- Overcome obstacles with an intense desire to succeed.
- Make value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives.
- Take responsibility and ownership of business performance.
- Share knowledge and work together for the good of the business.
- Keep commitments, listen to others and authentically support change.
- Move quickly to address issues and provide clarity in the face of ambiguity.
- Lead through BP Values and L48 IMPACT Attributes, build enduring capability, energize people, and maximize value.
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Yes - up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "29-Jun-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters.Register