Optimization and Analytics EngineerReq ID 94639BR Job category Operations Countries (State/Region) Colorado Location United States - Colorado - Denver bp.com #tag #lower48req Apply now
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with a growth mindset who enjoys a dynamic work environment. You will be responsible to effectively build and scale data science solutions in a real-world environment to successfully develop and deploy business initiatives. You will work with oilfield operations to find radically different ways of doing things to improve business results.
- Using your practical Engineering experiences apply problem solving techniques to find, research, and implement new technologies that could drive 10x improvements into the business
- Develop minimum viable products through research, testing, and iteration.
- Perform pattern and anomaly detection analysis to correctly assess specific issues in the field that require intervention.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Conversant in data analytic tools that include R, Python, SQL, etc.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Ability to write high-quality, efficient, testable code
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline, or mathematics, and/or computer science
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Foundation in applied practical Engineering of any discipline
- Proven track record in statistics, computational mathematical modelling, and/or machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to use data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Spotfire, or Tableau.
- Ability to design effective tests.
- Effective Communicator: Able to present complex problems to a wide range of audiences in a concise and accurate manner across an entire organization, ranging from upper management to field personnel. Able to communicate purpose and usage of difficult mathematical concepts and algorithms for a wide audience so that they can understand.
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to quickly learn new concepts, processes, software, engineering and mathematical ideas.
- Innovative: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value
- Empathetic and customer-focused when crafting products: Effective listener who builds products that solves customers’ problems, generates business value, and improves user experience.
- Resilient: Ability to take care of open-ended data-related problems, and to gain valuable insights from data sets that may be initially unwieldy. Possess grit to effectively clean data sets to perform analysis and predictive analytics work.
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login