Security ArchitectReq ID 82231BR Job category Information Technology & Services Countries (State/Region) Colorado Location United States - Colorado - Denver bp.com #tag #lower48req Apply now
The role of the Security Architect is the subject matter expert and leader of the security guidance capability for L48 IT&S, including responsibility for overall security strategy, architecture development and functional oversight.
The role reduces risk and contributes to overall performance by developing sound architecture principles and fostering best practices and pragmatic approaches to security across L48's business & IT including partner vendors and managed service providers.
This person must also be comfortable operating as an individual contributor and using influence and expertise to aid the transformation of an organization and enable a cutting edge “work on demand” environment.
L48’s cyber security operations are outsourced to a MSSP partner and this role will require the ability to manage/lead in the this type of environment.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive L48 security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security within the legal frameworks required by L48.
- Provides security thought leadership and communicate the architecture vision across the business.
- Develops pragmatic roadmaps to deliver the policy in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Create strong credible relationships through liaison with business stakeholders and technical experts.
- Provides advice and guidance to management and project teams; review designs to ensure security controls are implemented.
- Develops and implements security tracking and frameworks to demonstrate progress on the security agenda.
- Provides security architecture and advice in support of solution development, infrastructure, and enterprise technology projects to ensure the integrity of L48’s systems and data.
- Defines, documents and implements the security solution architecture including but not limited to the following:
- Authentication & authorization (what authorization model is required)
- Account administration controls (provisioning, segregation of duties, validation, attestation.)
- Auditing of critical security related events
- Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the system and data.
- Assess project requirements related to application security, including correlation with L48 and/or BP Group security policy and standards.
- Identify architectural and other security risks associated with the solution, and compensating controls where necessary.
- Identifies any gaps in any existing solutions, work with the IT&S LT to identify and roadmap solutions.
- Enhances security & IT team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Coordinates upgrades to systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to create content suitable for the executive team
- Ability to inspire change across the business and create a sense of responsibility around cyber policies
- Minimum requirement of four-year college degree in Management Information Systems or related discipline
- CISM, GIAC, CISSP with 6-8 years of progressive IT experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5-10+ years of relevant work experience in IT with minimum of 6-8 years in security discipline
- Network Security, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Protocols, Networking Standards,
- Conceptual Skills,
- Decision Making,
- Informing Others,
- Functional and Technical Skills,
- Information Security Policies
- Practical experience in the Information Security Architecture field, with emphasis on solution architecture and authorization approaches (role-based access control, direct entitlements-based).
- Strong understanding of security architecture best practices, standards and frameworks.
- Any formal training in the fields of networking, anti-attack solutions: Antivirus/antimalware, honeypot implementations, cyber incident management or detection;
- Proven experience implementing and supporting security solutions e.g. Firewall, IDS, ATP, DLP
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and collaboration skills
- Consulting, negotiation and relationship skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience working in geographically dispersed organizations and decentralized Security Model.
- Experience working in a hybrid environment with multiple datacenters, multiple public cloud and SaaS providers.
- A highly-motivated self-starter
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the IT team, who can communicate security concepts to technical nontechnical colleague.
- Must be able to maintain focus on achieving results, whilst being patient and pragmatic
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Supervision, management or leadership position experience desirable.
- Desire to continually learn outside of a classroom environment, and successfully apply learnings
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Collaborates with and influences others not in direct line
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Works effectively with distributed team members
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "07-Feb-2018" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login