Support & Assurance SuperintendentReq ID 95771BR Job category SHIPPING Countries (State/Region) Guangdong Location China - Guangdong - Guangzhou Apply now
As part of the Technical & Vetting Team, the Support & Assurance Superintendent will play a key role in providing marine assurance to BP Shipping and BP businesses for marine-related activities, through performing a combination of routine marine assurance assessments/inspections and providing ad-hoc marine advice and support.
1. Perform assessments and inspections of vessel owners/managers, terminal facilities and STS contractors to the requirements of the Vetting & Clearance team in order that compliance with relevant standards and/or suitability for use by BP may be accurately assessed.
2. Provide support and technical input into the marine standards of BP.
3. Provide support and advice to third party and external contractors employed by BP businesses for assessment/inspection and specific Shipping/Marine projects worldwide.
4. Provide subject matter expertise and assessment support around a range of specialist Shipping elements, such as Ship to Ship Transfer, Tugs, Pilotage, Dynamic positioning, etc.
5. Provide expertise and advice in support of the Vetting & Clearance teams and other internal teams and stakeholders, as required.
6. Participate in local government and industry forums as appropriate.
7. Contribute to the delivery of continuous improvement of team activities and the development and sharing of assessment/inspection best practice with the objective of achieving global consistency in assessment/inspection activity.
8. Contribute to identifying current and future shipping and BP Group marine related activities, providing early marine advice, including involvement in projects/peer group reviews and pre/post start up audits.
9. Ensure business activities are conducted in a manner consistent with BP Group policies and expected behaviours, within the boundaries established by Group Functional Standards and BP Shipping’s Marine Standards and Operating Management system
• Class II/2 or III/2 (Master/Chief Mate or Chief/second Engineer) and experience as Master/Chief Officer or Chief Engineer/2nd Engineer on board oil, gas or chemical tankers
• Chartered Professional Status
Essential experience and job requirements
• Terminal Assessments: Purpose; Scheduling; Conducting the Terminal Assessments
• Company Assessments: Purpose; Scheduling; Conducting the Company Assessments
• STS Contractor Assessments: Purpose; Scheduling; Conducting the STS Contractor Assessment
• Vessel Inspection Programme: Purpose; Planning and quality control of Vessel Inspections
• Risk Assessment: Leading Risk Assessments, Coordinating MoC Process
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Knowledge of OCIMF Tanker and Marine Terminal Management and Self-Assessment.
• Lead Auditor qualification
• Knowledge of project planning processes
• Knowledge of risk assessment techniques
Yes - up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s and is one of the leading foreign investors in the oil & gas sector in China. Our business activities here include exploration and development, petrochemicals manufacturing and marketing, aviation fuel supply, oil products retailing, lubricants, oil and gas supply and trading, LNG terminal and trunk line and the chemicals technology licensing.
Building on its business successes in China, BP has also expanded partnerships with the national energy companies beyond the country’s borders. BP is working with CNPC in Iraq and Australia, Sinopec in Angola and Singapore, CNOOC in Australia, Indonesia and Argentina, and with China National Aviation Fuel in Singapore.
BP publishes BP Statistical Review of World Energy and BP Energy Outlook on annual basis. The publications are regarded as one of the world’s most reliable sources of energy data and are widely consulted.
In parallel, BP has been working to contribute to China society by helping address the local sustainability issues. BP has also been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly in clean energy R&D initiatives. To date, BP’s accumulative spending on community contributions in China has exceeded US$ 50 million. BP’s community practices have been widely recognized.
BP is committed to contributing to China’s energy solutions by continuing to be a trusted energy partner and valuable contributor supporting China’s strategic development.
Corporate & Functions
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login