Associate DirectorUnited States - Texas - Houston
Job profile summary:
Integrated Supply and Trading (IST) is BP’s face to the traded markets for oil, gas, power, refinery feedstocks and currencies. IST offers a combination of unique expertise in physical supply and trading, innovative financial structures and world-class analytics to deliver long-term value from wellhead to end customer. Operating from BP’s major trading offices in Houston, Chicago, London, Calgary and Singapore, IST’s Global Structured Products team is made up of specialist marketers focused on providing innovative and bespoke energy risk management services and solutions to clients. The Americas team, located in Houston, Chicago, and Calgary, serves a wide variety of clients – from oil and gas producers, refiners and importers to utilities, airlines, shipping, mining and industrial companies as well as banks, hedge funds and private equity firms.
This role will be responsible for developing customers and commercial opportunities for energy risk product transactions with financial sponsors and producers of natural gas, power, natural gas liquids, crude and crude products in North America. The role will be responsible for a target gross margin and the further development of the platform.This individual will proactively engage financial sponsors and upstream hydrocarbon producers in the North American energy sector at both the initial capitalization stage of an investment and to established asset portfolios in order to provide financial and physical risk management. Additionally this role will provide significant desk coverage for the overall Financial Sponsors / Producer team. Financial Sponsors to include Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Mezzanine Debet Providers and Commerical Banks. Transaction types include prepayment on future commodity production. This includes understanding the accounting and balance sheet implications of structures, designing pitches for clients, designing and drafting term sheets, reviewing and negotiating transaction contracts and other, related technical work.
- Work with Financial Sponsor / Producer clients, Marketing & Origination, and Trading teams to identify potential transactions across the Upstream and Midstream sector.
- Originate producer opportunities working together with our Marketing & Origination team and physical traders to develop new hedging relationships
- Deliver gross margin targets and business returns through the development and execution of financial sponsor / producer hedging strategies and structured deals
- Support the development and execution of the Structured Products strategy working together with our physical Crude, Products, LNG and NGL business in the US
- Manage relationships with various trade benches, marketing teams, and functional teams to work transactions through the front to back process, while providing excellent customer service and information flow (I.e. Credit, Legal, Contracts and Regulatory).
- Live the BP Values and Behaviors and understand and operate within BP’s operating standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing and Origination in related industry
- Excellent commercial instinct, creativity and ability to find and extrapolate commercial value from multiple interlinking commodity value chains
- Proven understanding and experience in energy price risk management and the broader financial industry including pricing, modeling and risk-assessment
- Proven self-starter, with track record of innovation and creativity to solve business problems
- Open communication style and ability to build and nurture internal and external relationships
- Excellent team player with demonstrated willingness to widely share knowledge and expertise
- MBA / CFA or other advanced degree
- Physical and financial risk management experience
- Relationships in both the capital provider and producer / midstream sectors
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Our supply and trading business connects BP to the world’s traded markets for oil, gas, power, refinery feedstocks and currencies. We market BP’s equity crude oil and natural gas, import feedstocks for our refinery system and buy products to meet marketing demand. We offer a combination of unique expertise in physical supply and trading, innovative financial structures, and world-class analytics to deliver long-term value, from wellhead to end customer.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.