Senior Development AnalystUnited States - Texas - Houston
- As an integral member of the subsurface team, the Reservoir Analyst will support reservoir engineering activity, with the primary responsibility of modelling, data interpretation to drive business decisions as well as providing technical support. Specific responsibilities will include scheduling and planning activities, economic modelling, and data management support for engineering analyses while ensuring the accuracy and availability of the data in multiple software packages. This role is based in Houston and will report to the Reservoir Engineering Manager.
- Support the reservoir engineer team utilizing primarily: Aries, Spotfire, Actenum, Office 365, Microsoft Access, Fekete Harmony, & ArcGIS, specifically to 1) identify and recommend opportunities for efficiency improvements 2) manage data integrity and workflow 3) Mentor junior analysts as needed
- Manage drilling and completions schedule using Actenum software package to provide asset and well planning support
- Model scenarios and create options
- Work with land team to manage acreage obligations within the schedule
- Track schedule milestones and identify key issues and obstacles
- Develop business solutions based on analytics and support the team to apply data analytics to current evaluations
- Keep team aware of application/service issues and seek to improve the user environment
- Provide data to partners as needed
- Provide support to organize data feeds for regular business reviews/updates and annual business planning
- Manage reserves database and track development activity to feed reporting structure
- Ensure the asset well lists are accurate and updated for resource bookings
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Business or science-related field.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a reservoir/production technologist or analyst with the proven ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of subsurface IT systems, data management, and data querying
- High level of competency and willingness to learn application of new software
- Proficiency in Aries and Spotfire
- Demonstrated experience in project management and execution
- Additional experience with geospatial mapping, economic analysis, and data analytics is preferred
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Foster an environment of safety first operations
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker; who actively seeks opportunities and solutions
- Demonstrated use of IMPACT principles:
I - Innovated: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value.
M - Motivated: Overcomes obstacles with an intense desire to succeed.
P - Performance Driven: Makes value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives.
A - Accountable: Takes responsibility and ownership of business performance.
C - Collaborative: Shares knowledge and works together for the good of L48.
T - Trustworthy: Keeps commitments, listens to others and authentically supports change necessary to achieve our Path to Premier.
BP's BPX Energy business (formerly known as the Lower 48) operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Denver (Colorado), BPX Energy employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the premier, high return, onshore exploration and production company that consistently increases asset value.Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.In 2018, BP completed a $10.5 billion acquisition of BHP's world-class unconventional oil and gas assets in the Permian-Delaware basin in Texas, along with two premium positions in the Eagle Ford and Haynesville basins in Texas and Louisiana. These assets currently produce 190,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, of which about 45 percent are liquid hydrocarbons. The deal represents BP’s largest purchase since buying ARCO in 1999. It is a transformational acquisition for our BPX Energy business which gives the BPX Energy team access to some of the best acreage in some of the best basins in the onshore U.S.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.