MIS AnalystReq ID 81149BR Job category Procurement & Supply Chain Management Countries (State/Region) Central Location Malaysia - Central - Kuala Lumpur Apply now
The Analyst serves to play the reporting and analytics analyst role.
- Prepare, Analyse and communicate findings of periodic operational reports
- Communicate and present end results of project outcomes and business processes with data.
- Prepare presentations that communicate complex analysis and findings in a simple, concise and interpretable manner.
- Responsible for assessing new reporting requests to ensure non-redundant, reliable, accurate, and accurate information is provided and meets the business need.
- Manage routine report maintenance and updating of programs used to produce reports in support of activities impacting key initiatives.
- To have a working relationship with internal and external customers
- Meeting targets as per SLA & process expectations.
- Understanding of the client’s business units and organization structure.
- Develops tracking tools to log errors, requests for modifications, reporting schedule and other related activities associated with regularly scheduled reporting.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for data from business units or leadership
- Develops clear, timely and accurate periodic standard management reports that drive continuous improvement in process and productivity.
- Demonstrates understanding of standard data management principles, procedures and tools (e.g. customer data, vendor data, maintenance data etc.). Is aware of data security requirements
- Demonstrates patience, willingness to help and maintains professionalism
- Approach any issue in a clear and logical manner, even if under time constraints or pressure.
- Dissect a problem and assess what components are vital to a solution and which are extraneous.
- Identify cause and effect relationships and patterns to define the impact of a problem.
- Analyse the root causes of issues.
Bachelor Degree in any discipline or related field.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in data process, processes and procedures
- Minimum of 3 years of analytical skills
- Able to work in ANZ &/OR UK &/OR US shift
- Expert level expertise in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access is a must have skill).
- Shared service centre experience & corporate environment experience are preferable
- Experience of working with work flow tool – specific the tool -Tools could be Remedy, Elementool etc., Basic knowledge of request tracking is essential
- Knowledge in reporting tools like Business Objects, Cognos etc., is preferred.
- Exposure to SAP reporting is desirable.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
The Global Business Services in Kuala Lumpur (GBS Asia) provides Finance, Tax and IT services to global and regional businesses. The main goal of GBS Asia is to deliver value added services and enhance process transformation for the various businesses in BP. GBS Asia is part of an integrated network of Global Business Service centres that support BP’s operations globally to provide cost optimisation and process standardisation through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies, operational excellence benchmarked to industry standards, and World-class Human Capital Development to build an "Asset Talent Pool" that consistently delivers high quality performance.
Indirect Procurement delivers value to BP through effective implementation of market-facing strategies, which are developed from its deep understanding of the interplay between BP's demand and the supply markets. Value and risks are managed through the identification and use of supplier relationships where BP's scope, scale and buying power have been optimized. Further, Indirect Procurement's efforts are supported by a suite of procurement process and systems that allow for effective market engagements, contract development and management, purchasing activities and supplier relationship and performance management.
Indirect Procurement's Vision is to have, a world-class supply base firmly in place and readily accessible to our clients, producing a sustainable competitive advantage for BP, while delivering increased profits and boosting shareholder value. We will achieve our Vision by having a dedicated global team of professionals in place to execute our Indirect Procurement Strategy for BP, and by applying PSCM best practices in support of our clients across the enterprise.
Corporate & Functions
[ "04-Jul-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters.Register