Field Technology LeadReq ID 95711BR Job category Operations Location United States - Texas - Longview, United States - Texas - Lufkin bp.com #tag #lower48req Apply now
The Field Technology Lead is responsible for effective implementation and integration of all field technology end devices, RTU’s/PLC’s, communications equipment, and software utilized in business solutions which optimize field and production operations. This role will work with digital solutions that enable real time, automated remote control to drive efficiencies through the company.
The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking individual that can drive the future vison of BPX’s field technology strategy and must excel at collaboration with a multi-disciplinary technology teams and end users on a wide range of problems, including, but not limited to; understanding the operational business processes, field requirements, integrating ops technologies with enterprise applications and infrastructure, and methods to optimize end-to-end performance.
This role’s focus will be to work closely with the field, improvement teams, and central technology team to bridge the gap between installed automation equipment and data and to provide scalable nimble technology focused solutions to operation workflows.
- Responsible for communicating effectively to key stakeholders
- Responsible for the resourcing, managing, and coordinating execution of automation projects & change across the asset
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices from other assets to maintain consistency of solutions, governance and technology across BPX
- Responsible for organizing and managing multiple project completion schedules
- Responsible for managing work to include reducing costs and improving efficiency
- Reduce failure rates of different automation/measurement types by system implementations
- Implement procedures and processes to improve data path and quality from existing automation equipment
- Guide the organization in managing and interpreting data created by existing automation control systems
- Guide the selection and implementation of future data gathering equipment and controllers
- Create systems and reliable processes for data transmission and integrity.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and prove new solutions
- Focus on high impact projects to reduce field and engineering cycle time
- Provide training and assisting broad field engineers and technicians as needed
- Aid in the development a strategic roadmap for transforming BPX’s OT infrastructure to meet future needs.
- Participate in platform strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and leading proofs of concept
- Contribute to the development of field technologies with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business
- Aid in the research and evaluation of emerging OT technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Review existing business processes/applications and establishes metrics to improve
- Demonstrates leadership by assisting both technological and business communities with solution designs that meet business requirements.
- Minimum requirement two-year technical degree with related experience or four-year college degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
- 2–5 years of business/industry work experience including technology deployments, SCADA solution management
- Safety - OSHA 30 and knowledge of Quality ISO 9000 a plus
- Advanced Knowledge of field communication systems
- Advanced Knowledge of instrumentation systems
- Advanced Knowledge of PLCs (Programmable Logic controllers)
- Knowledge of equipment inspection techniques
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance
- Demonstrated self-motivator
- Ability to estimate tasks and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation
- Ability to work with multiple external teams and accomplish shared goals through the building consensus
- Informing Others
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and collaboration skills
- Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated, people-oriented and self-directed
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive member of the OT team, who can communicate concepts to technical nontechnical colleague.
- Must be able to maintain focus on achieving results, whilst being patient and pragmatic
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Travel up to 25%.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities
- Relentless drive, determination, and self-learning ability
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login