Category Sourcing Specialist - IT InfrasMalaysia - Central - Kuala Lumpur
Job profile summary:
BP is embarking on an exciting period of change and growth to centralize Procurement activity in Kuala Lumpur.
We are recruiting a Category Sourcing Specialist with a primary focus on IT Infrastructure to join our team in KL. This role will involve:
- Managing & driving high value & complexity sourcing projects in support of business objectives in the respective spend category
- Responsible for being the GBS interface/focal point in category specific discussions, developing supplier relationships & proactively identifying value opportunities. This includes demand management, development of the sourcing strategy and the approach to market based on predefined category strategies, source selection, contract negotiation, creation & maintenance.
The successful applicants are required to work on one of the following shifts to support global sourcing activities:
- 3pm–12am (Supporting UK)
- 5pm-2am (Supporting USA)
- Act as the GBS Category expert / focal point in the given category towards GBS Procurement, PSCM and Business stakeholders
- Take the lead in ensuring effective information flow regarding the category strategy / guidance between GBS Procurement and PSCM
- Contribute to the development of the respective category strategies from a GBS Procurement side
- Provide category specific guidance and mentoring to the relevant GBS Procurement Team(s)
- Drive & manage various sourcing and contracting projects of high complexity
- Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the category level discussions and sourcing process
- Identify value levers & opportunities to maximize value for BP in the marketplace
- Develop Sourcing strategy in accordance with the respective Category strategy/guidance
- Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Manage & coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Manage key stakeholder & supplier relationships & all relevant stakeholder and supplier interactions throughout the sourcing projects looked after
- Negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers
- Develop & modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process. Also propose potential modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) & analyze data depending on the project requirements
- Take an innovative approach & support/lead continuous process improvement initiatives
- Comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness.
In order to be considered for these roles, applicants must; have a minimum 5+ years of relevant sourcing experience, preferably in a multinational environment. In addition, successful candidates would possess the flowing:
- 3+ year’s category specific experience, preferably in IT Infrastructure categories like Software as Service, Platform as Services, Infrastructure as Services, Cloud computing etc.
- Proven experience in dealing with external partners, especially with suppliers
- Experience with contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Experience on category management and/or category strategy development is an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong motivation to further develop sourcing & category knowledge
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.