Indirect Tax AnalystMalaysia - Central - Kuala Lumpur
Job profile summary:
The Indirect Tax (GST/VAT) Analyst is responsible for assisting the Indirect Tax team in delivering Global Indirect Tax compliance reporting, audit support and compliance risk management services to BP businesses, while ensuring adherence to BP policies and procedures and meeting high operational service standards.This role will also manage escalated operational issues across Indirect Tax services, perform in-depth troubleshooting and support operational delivery, quality management and control. The role holder will also be responsible for managing the various timetables and deadlines within the Indirect Tax team. The individual is expected to be able to work autonomously to deliver compliance activities on time and to high quality standard. The transactions are complex and a good level of Indirect Tax technical skill is required in order to make a positive contribution to the team.
Indirect Tax Compliance Reporting
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting periodic (monthly/quarterly) Indirect Tax (GST/VAT/SST/WHT) returns and any associated indirect tax reporting requirements to tax authorities for selected country/regional portfolio(s).
- Meeting target timeliness and quality KPIs for indirect tax compliance and assist with the preparation and reviewing of monthly KPI / management reporting.
- Developing, reviewing and maintaining good quality tax manuals, process maps and standard operational procedures (SOP) and keeping them up-to-date.
- Initiating and/or leading collaboration across different teams in responding to internal and external statutory and tax audit support.
- Preparing and/or reviewing the responses prepared by team members to ensure accurate, relevant and timely delivery of external and internal for statutory and tax audit support.
- Liaising with Group Tax or tax authorities in various jurisdictions with delegated authority from Group Tax.
- Pro-actively identifying issues within the team, seeking input, communicating and dealing with stakeholders on service standards and operational issues.
- Taking ownership of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders, which is supported by timely and regular verbal/written communication.
- Contributing individually and/or leading the team to deliver strategic objectives for the organisation by participating in projects identified by team leads / senior management.
- Assisting in developing new business opportunities by transforming services to deliver increased value.
- Actively participating in opportunity identification and selection from the operational areas.
- Act as CI agent to communicate changes & provide guidance in CI Process Management, support implementation of CI strategy and deployment in organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- A tax specialization or professional / industry qualification in tax is advantageous.
- Minimum 4 years to 6 years (ideally) of experience in any of the following roles in public practice/large corporates/MNC shared service centres:o Indirect Tax (GST/VAT/SST/WHT) compliance or advisory
- Corporate tax compliance or advisory
- Internal or external Audit
- Finance / accounting roles involving tax compliance as part of overall accountabilities
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with a high degree of proficiency in English
- Strong technical / analytical skills along with financial and commercial awareness.
- Project management skills and/or experience;
- Digital skills or experience with tax technology platforms and/or data analytics (e.g. OneSource by Thompson Reuters, iVAT by Avalara, Microsoft Office 365 tools, Power BI, Tableau, SalesForce etc);
- Finance Transformation / Tax Transformation experience or involvement in these projects.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.