Control Advisor - Sales & MarketingAustralia - Victoria - Melbourne
An exciting 9-month opportunity is now available to join BP’s Finance team and work closely with our Sales and Marketing business to ensure commercial risks are understood and effectively managed. This role provides independent assurance to senior leadership that financial control, accounting, risk management and fraud controls are robustly in place. Additionally, this high-profile role is expected to influence senior stakeholders, provide thought leadership and partner closely to enable the pursuit of innovation and efficiencies across BP’s Retail business.
- Facilitates the AsPac risk assessment, reporting and management processes.
- Partner with the business by reviewing the control aspect of all new projects and product offerings.
- Drives strong relationships within the Retail business and functions across AsPac.
- Provides coaching and guidance to the Retail business on internal control processes and procedures
- Supports all aspects of internal and external control and financial reporting frameworks.
- Manages the quarter end Due Diligence process including co-ordination, assistance in issue resolution, follow-up and consolidation of returns.
- Works with the Accounting Policy Lead to identify new accounting standards applicable to the business and leads the development of appropriate implementation strategies
- Applies technical knowledge relevant to Group and IFRS standards in combination with a deep understanding of the business, to ensure compliant and optimised financial treatment of specialist Retail accounting topics, example IFRS16 Lease accounting
- Improve awareness of internal control environment and Code of Conduct requirements
- Identifies and shares best practices across businesses for improving control environment
Essential experience and job requirements:
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
To enable hitting the ground running you will hold a strong knowledge of Internal Controls within Retail or Convenience and be well-versed in partnering with stakeholders to reduce risk. You have a reputation as a trusted advisor and actively look to add value or efficiency improvements where possible. Key to your success will be your appreciation of Retailing, therefore it’s likely you hold experience in-house within a large Retailer, or in an audit capacity within consultancy supporting Retail clients.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future. As a leading energy force in Australia since 1920 and New Zealand since 1946, BP is driven by the upstream exploration, refining of crude oil and natural gas and the downstream marketing supply of petroleum products. Our scope includes Sales, Marketing, Refining, Dealer, Distributor, Convenience Retail, Supply and Logistics. Around 7,000 people across Australia and New Zealand choose to work with us and help us grow. If you share our passion and values of making a difference every day, then bring your talent and experience and join our diverse BP team.