Process Improvement SpecialistReq ID 82165BR Job category Business Support Countries (State/Region) Victoria Location Australia - Victoria - Melbourne Apply now
- The Process Improvement Specialist will identify improvement opportunities, recommend initiatives to realise improvement potential, and manage teams delivering the prioritized initiatives/projects, from design through to implementation. The Process Improvement Specialist is a key resource supporting the development of metrics and reporting for the CI initiatives within the team. Providing coach support and delivering benefit and value (GBS $288) through execution and use of CI tools and methodologies for our stakeholders and partners.
- Support and facilitate the implementation of a GBS ANZ continuous improvement strategy to enable substantial and continuous improvement in order to satisfy customer demands
- Educate GBS Centre in structured approach and appropriate tools to ensure the GBS Centre has a high added value framework for all its continuous improvement work
- Support the GBS Centre in identifying critical strategic process improvement areas that will be required to meet its strategic objectives
- Act as internal CI coach to guide the GBSC though the process of strategic project prioritisation and cost benefit analysis, ensuring business focuses its resources on areas that will add most value and ensure alignment with the specific GPO strategic roadmaps
- Scope necessary work to shape and deliver strategic process improvement projects, so that each project dovetails into one another, within the overall continuous improvement strategy
- Support change management activities required to implement re-designed processes and systems
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant GBS and BP stakeholders and partners and those responsible for the current work process to ensure that an accurate representation of the processes is developed and that approaches for continuous improvement are feasible
- Continuously challenge the business on what are added value processes for the business and drive, so that business focuses on the right things and is leaner than any of its competitors
- Coordinate benchmarking exercises for critical processes and set targets
- Regularly monitor, track, analyse and report results of all on-going initiatives to assure effectiveness of process improvement activities and mitigate risks of failure
- Conduct relevant analyses to define the impact of process improvement insights and opportunities as and when necessary
- Design and implement quality measures to ensure business processes and produces conform to standards
- Ensure satisfactory corrective actions are instituted in the event of failure in any area of the BSC, and those preventative techniques are operated to minimise future failures.
- Bachelor degree required
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a process improvement role
- Relevant process fitness experience in leading and delivering large and complex continuous improvement projects/initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in delivering tangible results from large transformation programmes in large, complex companies, preferably in shared services.
- Broad operational experience with background in customer facing roles
- Knowledge of best practices in quality management arena
- Deep understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Proven ability to effectively teach, mentor and coach less experienced agents on continuous improvement projects and achieve results through process improvement projects
- Strong business acumen, change management skills, communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Known attributes of pragmatism, teamwork, integrity and results focus
- Creative and innovative thinker at a process and technology level
- Experience of working in fast-paced, high-demand, delivery oriented environments
- Advocacy for continuous improvement influences and delivers through others.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience of managing continuous improvement projects and programs of work
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or equivalent in Lean
- Demonstrable experience navigating and leveraging project management tools and software (e.g. Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel)
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
GBS ANZ is a provider of a broad range of integrated customer solutions, supporting BP's operations across Australia and New Zealand. Supporting both BP and Castrol brands, GBS ANZ’s services include accounting and banking operations, logistics/scheduling operations, customer service and sales, credit management, financial reporting and HR Services. GBS ANZ has positioned itself as the true leader in a highly competitive shared services landscape.As part of the BP group of companies with operations in over 100 countries, GBS ANZ sits within a global organisation supporting BP Australia's businesses of exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. With over 400 employees, 100,000 end customers and $40 billion in processed transactions per annum, GBS ANZ takes pride in being the engine room for BP.
Corporate & Functions
[ "21-Aug-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login