Global Brand Manager, CRBReq ID 81358BR Job category Marketing Location India - Maharashtra - Mumbai, Indonesia - Central - Jakarta, Malaysia - Central - Kuala Lumpur, Singapore - Flexible - Singapore, Turkey - Istanbul - Istanbul, United Kingdom - South East - Pangbourne, Vietnam - South - Ho Chi Minh city Apply now
The role is accountable for the Castrol CRB brand across all channels – focus being the strategy and creative communication as well as other engine oils’ migration to strategic brands.
There are three key accountabilities in the role:
- The first is leading the development and implementation of our global brand strategy – including developing and implementing the brand proposition and 5-year brand plans.
- The second is actively contribute in developing a robust innovation pipeline underpinning the delivery of the brand’s strategic goals and input into the global product management team on technology strategy to support the product’s functional benefit and RTB and evolve it over time – to meet the needs of new engines, applications and customers.
- The third is developing the overall communications strategy framework as well as driving excellence in marketing communications and sales support tools for our sales teams and distributors.
In addition to the three core accountabilities above, this role is expected to:
- Develop deep insight into customer, consumer and channel needs and competitor responses.
- Contribute to the development of regional/country Product Brand plans, portfolio management and communications strategies, providing constructive challenge and input and ensuring specific activities are consistent the global proposition as well as develop communication and implementation ready toolkits for programs.
- Operate effectively as a member of both the GMU CVO & IME Team and CVO & I Marketing Network, contributing to the development of our overall business marketing strategy and providing input that shapes our key marketing activities.
- Be a thought leader on brand management and communications both in B2C and B2B - be a source of expertise for the wider marketing organisation and a champion of capability and process development in these areas.
- Be a champion for safety, compliance and risk management within own area of responsibility, ensuring the systematic management of safety in team operations and sponsorship events and acting as a role model for the wider business.
- Effectively manage ASP and travel budgets.
- Degree in Business / Marketing preferred or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
- Substantial experience in brand management with proven expertise in brand strategy development, innovation and brand communications (including sponsorships, PR and digital)
- Track record of effective leadership – of teams and / or networks and demonstrably successful brand management
- Global experience with focus on 10-12 key countries across all 3 regions
- Previous experience in a global functional and geographic “matrix” organisation
- Cross cultural experience and strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to make a difference
- Strong drive and leadership abilities
- Good in communication (written and spoken English)
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
This role can be based in India, ASEAN (Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia), Turkey or UK.
(Relocation is not applicable)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
BP Leadership Expectations:
- Energise People: Instil a sense of purpose; set clear direction and boundaries; provide the space for colleagues and partners to be at their best
- Maximise Value: Create enduring value for BP by identifying opportunities and ensuring we deliver on short and long term commitments
- Business Insight: Demonstrate a clear understanding of the business context then act accordingly - Mastery - Essential
- Wise Decisions: Assimilate complex and ambiguous data to identify key issues and aid decision making - Mastery - Essential
- Knowledge and understanding: Channel Understanding - Skillful - Preferred
- Knowledge and Understanding: Commercial /business marketing capability - Essential
- Sales and marketing planning: Brand management - Expert - Essential
- Sales and marketing planning: Value Proposition Development - Expert - Essential
- Sales and marketing planning: Strategy development - Mastery - Essential
- Sales and marketing implementation: Marketing Communications - Mastery - Essential
Yes - up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Asia & Pacific Automotive Lubricants Region of the Lubricants SPU was formed on April 1, 2009 by the coming together of three erstwhile regions - Transcon (India, South & Middle East), ASPAC Growth and SEA-Pac to form one of the most exciting long term growth opportunities for the Lubricants SPU. The Region has a footprint in over 30 countries in the Asia and Pacific region.
The markets in the Region are complex with a mix of material market spaces, mature/developed countries as well as emerging and growing markets with diverse demographic profiles and economic status set in a cross-cultural milieu. In 2010, the A&P Region achieved record breaking results of revenue in excess of US$2 billion and RCOP of approximately US$500 million. A&P is now the largest OU in the Lubricants SPU. India, Vietnam, and Australia are the biggest markets in the A&P Region.
The majority of our products are under the Castrol brand, however the BP brand is very strong in certain markets such as Vietnam and Thailand. Castrol is one of the leading automotive lubricants brands (in consumer awareness and brand health), which holds a strong market share position in most of the countries we operate.
This is an exciting place to build a career - as we are focused on building talent and honing skills to work in a diverse multicultural environment.
[ "10-Jul-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters.Register