Sr. Business Development ManagerReq ID 95678BR Job category Sales Countries (State/Region) Florida Location United States - Florida - Oakland Park Apply now
BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Sr. Business Development Manager (Sr. BDM) is responsible for leading and owning a cross-functional strategic growth territory for BP. The Sr. BDM will also identify and attract new customers as well as manage current contractual relationships with regional customers. In this role, you will act as a source for customer insight for the marketing team. This role implements BP offers with the customer and provides customers with consulting to improve marketing capabilities and site execution and improves BP sales and profitability through increased site count and/or volume throughput. An ability to develop strategic network plan for the assigned geography is also critical to this role. This position is well suited to provide development for those looking to lead and own a sales or marketing team.
- Lead and own a cross-functional team within BP to develop and execute a strategic and tactical plan to significantly grow market share in a highly strategic territory for BP.
- Manage BP contracts with customers.
- Business development through existing and new customers.
- Manage financial risk of BP vis-à-vis customer’s credit limits.
- Grow margin and volume.
- Manage long term relationships with customers.
- Work with the customer to establish a common set of goals and objectives linked to the account plan with a focus on value creation, growth, mutual ownership and execution
- Secure customer commitment to actions necessary to maximizing mutual value through negotiation.
- Manage volume forecasting and allocation process.
- Perform account reviews, reinforcing BP value proposition to facilitate overall business, opportunity pipeline management and site execution results and getting customer management agreement to field initiatives that need to be completed.
- Act as primary single face to the customer.
- Manage multi-state customer relationsips.
- Where commercial opportunity exists, identify opportunity and secure internal resources to assist in creation of offer and support to present.
- Work to restore customer confidence in the BP brand and return former customers to a new working relationship.
- Responsible for strategic network portfolio management and the site plan for customer.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and BP support teams to deliver exceptional day-to-day customer support and operational excellence.
Bachelor’s degree required
Essential experience and job requirements
- At least 10 years of selling experience, with a proven track record of developing new business.
- Ability to identify and develop new and non-traditional business opportunities, as well as new customers.
- Ability to think strategically and develop market and network plans for a territory.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills (internal and with 3rd parties).
- Ability to lead and manage a team within a sales environment including ability to manage difficult situations and conversations.
- Tenacity in pursuing delivery of business results.
- Knowledge of distributor businesses and B2B relationship management,
- Proven ability to build internal and external networks to enhance business and share knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skillful use of MS Office Suite.Knowledge of geographic footprint and industry players.
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
The 4,400 employees of BP’s Fuels, North America business refine, store, move, deliver and market a wide range of distinctive and high-quality energy products that drive economic growth. Our U.S. refineries in Indiana, Ohio and Washington have a net daily processing capacity of 746,000 barrels. We manage more than 3,200 miles of pipeline and, through our interest in BP Midstream Partners LP, have an ownership stake in nearly 1,500 additional miles.
We also have a growing network of retail stations that provide fuels and convenience products to consumers at around 7,100 BP- and ARCO-branded sites, and close to 1,000 ampm convenience stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login