Facilities Engineering ManagerReq ID 86992BR Job category Engineering Upstream Countries (State/Region) Oklahoma Location United States - Oklahoma - Oklahoma City bp.com #tag #lower48req Apply now
This position is for a facilities engineering manager reporting to the senior vice president of development for the MidCon asset based in Oklahoma City, OK. A strong leader is required to support the following operations with a focus on safely increasing asset value through optimization:
• Manage a diverse team of experienced professionals including facilities engineers, surface negotiators, construction specialists, surveyors, and analysts.
• Lead the design and implementation of new surface infrastructure elements for the following engineering systems: gas processing, oil processing, water sourcing and disposal, electrical, artificial lift, instrumentation, compression, metering and pipeline.
• Oversee the front end loading process for new wells by preparing surface locations for operations. Responsibilities include scouting, surveying, negotiations for surface and right-of-way, location construction, water management, and infrastructure planning.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams—including drilling, completions, reservoir, production, and land—to deliver wells safely and on time.
• Actively engage in negotiations with service companies and midstream partners.
• Identify Capex and LOE spending trends implement cost improvement strategies.
• Protect the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required
• Master’s degree preferred
Essential experience and job requirements
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience preferred
• Prior supervisory/managerial experience at an oil and gas company preferred
• Strong working knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations and surface production facilities
• Demonstrated commitment to safety, including considerations in engineering design, recommendations, and operability
• Ability to make technically and economically sound decisions with incomplete information and in the time required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership attributes and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of field and corporate personnel in a multi-disciplined team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite software
• Proficiency in or ability to learn applicable technical and economic analysis software
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Foster an environment of safety first operations
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker; who actively seeks opportunities and solutions
- Demonstrated use of IMPACT principles:
I - Innovated: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value.
M - Motivated: Overcomes obstacles with an intense desire to succeed.
P - Performance Driven: Makes value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives.
A - Accountable: Takes responsibility and ownership of business performance.
C - Collaborative: Shares knowledge and works together for the good of L48.
T - Trustworthy: Keeps commitments, listens to others and authentically supports change necessary to achieve our Path to Premier.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "30-Jan-2018" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login