Technician, Test ServicesReq ID 94561BR Job category Engineering Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - Pangbourne bp.com #tag #research&technologyUK2017 Apply now
As the world’s leading specialist provider of lubricant solutions, Castrol is full of talented, restless minds who are committed to innovation and continually go beyond the conventional to meet new challenges. We put performance, pride and passion into everything we do, and every stakeholder relationship. Those are the same qualities that we look for in our people. Right now, we’re looking for experienced automotive / mechanical Engineers to bring precision thinking to lubricant and fuels product testing and development, working alongside formulators and engineers at our technology development centre in Pangbourne.
Due to an internal promotion, we are offering the position of Test Services Technician. This role is an integral part of the Test Services team working to support the on-going projects within Product Testing and Engineering (PT&E). As Technician, you are required to complete a variety of tasks ranging from mechanical fabrication, maintenance of established test beds, support the mechanical team with on-going installations and maintenance equipment programs. The Technician will support engine and rig testing operations through build, disassembly, problem solving & diagnostic skills. You will also work closely with the Test Services Team to support of a variety of fuels or lubricant technical projects.
- The individual will assist in the design, fabrication and build of test bed installations for unique engine and rig tests alongside the Engineering technician, ensuring timely project delivery with clear communications.
- The individual will provide ongoing support on all mechanical aspects of test installations.
- The individual will work closely within the Test Services Team to support a variety of technical projects within PT&E.
- Assist in maintaining the high skill and knowledge level within team through individual training, training of others and sharing of information.
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc fabrication tasks and projects as required.
- Provide Maintence support for the PT&E Test Facility.
- Key stakeholder interfaces include:-
- Test Services.
- Engineering Team.
- PT&E Operations
- Equipment Suppliers.
- NVQ L3 in engineering/science or equivalent experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Knowledge of the installation and operation of test engines.
- Knowledge of gasoline and diesel combustion processes.
- Knowledge of diesel and gasoline fuel delivery systems and operating strategies.
- HSSE Behaviour and Leadership: Awareness
- Quality Systems and Standards: Awareness
- Applied Engineering Skills: Awareness
- Knowledge of Test Bed Systems: Awareness
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Ability to use CAD/ 3D drawing packages.
- Experience of engine test control systems.
- Experience of data acquisition and analysis of data.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP Lubricants is a world-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium lubricating oils and greases. As a proud member of the BP group, our global reach extends into 44 countries and we market our products in over 75. It’s a complex operation of many moving parts – made possible by a close-knit network of over 7,000 talented employees across eleven different functions.
Among us, you’ll find engineers and technologists. Business managers and analysts. We work in offices, in labs, by the race track and on the shop floor. We’re creators, innovators, thinkers and networkers. Graduates, parents, leaders and experts. We share ideas from every background and support every bold ambition. And we benefit from our combined experience, from every walk of life. Together, we’re keeping the world moving. So we’re immensely proud of what we do.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Automotive Engineer - Register your interest Pangbourne, England 05/07/2017