Continuous Improvement Site Manager (m/f)Req ID 80417BR Job category Business Support Countries (State/Region) Europoort Location Netherlands - Europoort - Rotterdam Apply now
BP Refinery Rotterdam (BPRR) is located in Europoort. The Europoort refinery with an annual capacity of 150 million barrels of crude oil is one of the largest refineries in Europe and is strategically located at one of the busiest oil trading ports in the world.
BPRR’s business improvement program is called STEPS2020 (Safely Together towards Exceptional Performance) and is intended to achieve BPRR’s Strategic Goals for 2020. The program will focus on safety, reliability, operational and commercial performance and cost & capital efficiency.
STEPS2020 is the next step after the realization of sustainable improvements in availability and utilization. The focus is on reducing both variable and fixed cash costs as well as improving gross margin. This will lead to a higher RCP, ROACE and Net Cash Flow (NCF) delivery.
STEPS2020 is managed by the STEPS Program Management Office (PMO). The main task of this department is to drive the STEPS Program and underlying activities in close cooperation with the refinery leadership team. Within this department there is an opening for a
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Site Manager (internally called CI Site Coach) will be critical to developing/growing the site’s continuous improvement capability supporting the STEPS2020 deliverables. The CI Site Manager will work with individuals and teams to drive improvement projects and improvement programs across the site. The CI Site Manager will report to the Business Improvement Manager.
- Responsible for developing a site wide understanding of continuous improvement (CI) and application of CI methods to improve performance at the BP refinery in Rotterdam by rolling out the CI strategy 2016-2020.
- Responsible for building the coaching capabilities of embedded CI coaches by coaching the coaches and organizing support and additional training if required.
- Actively drive change and culture improvement on site by being a true CI champion and by taking part in initiatives (e.g. change management, culture improvement).
- Coach CI project teams on the application of CI tools and methods and facilitate workshops during project phases to ensure successful completion of CI projects across the site.
- Provide personal coaching to (CI) project leads on application of project management tools to monitor progress, value and drive sustainable (CI) projects across the site
- Support STEPS initiatives by using facilitation skills to help prepare and facilitate workshops for STEPS project teams
- Support the development of CI within BP by actively sharing learnings and good practices with peers in the CI network
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master degree preferred
- A Black Belt or equivalent Lean Manufacturing Certification
Essential experience and job requirements
- Deep understanding of continuous improvement methods and tools (or equivalent experience with Lean Six Sigma, TQM, TPM and/or TPS)
- Proven experience in applying CI methods in the front-line environment with Technicians, Supervisors, Engineers as well as leading/managing CI discussion with Management and Leadership;
- Deep understanding of change management methods and tools and proven experience in applying them to manage change within a complex organization
- Coaching experience is required;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English;
- 5+ years’ experience working in refinery or similar manufacturing facility environment preferred.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Must be able to energize people, foster effective teamwork and collaboration, demonstrate relentless drive and determination, drive continuous improvement;
- Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve outstanding results;
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the business context then acts accordingly;
- Uses a range of styles to influence and gain enrolment;
- Looks for opportunities before being asked and presents new ideas or approaches;
- Uses diverse approaches to make decisions in the absence of a definitive framework or where few precedents exist and finds ways to condense large amounts of information into a useful form;
- Manages personal time and deals effectively with conflicting demands and priorities;
- Must have a solid understanding of the site’s strategy and understanding of site’s improvement opportunities;
- Listens actively to others and assimilates their input and views;
- Provides technical coaching / professional guidance, and assists in the development of others;
- Uses expertise to effectively challenge current policies/standards and to develop new techniques or approaches;
- Advises and guides others;
- Sought out for technical expertise within the Business Unit;
- Represents Business Unit in providing expert testimony on technical work.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The quality of our products and our customer's trust in us is based on the knowledge and experience of our employees. Every single employee contributes substiantially to our success on a daily basis. Besides expecting performance BP ackknowledges the personal tribute and supports the personal development of every employee. BP - "A great place to work"!
[ "01-Aug-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login