Project General ManagerReq ID 81701BR Job category PROJECTS Countries (State/Region) Europoort Location Netherlands - Europoort - Rotterdam Apply now
BP Refinery Rotterdam (BPRR) is located in Europoort. The Europoort refinery with an annual capacity of 150 million barrels of crude oil is one of the largest refineries in Europe and is strategically located at one of the busiest oil trading ports in the world.
To lead our major investment we are looking for a
The Project General Manager is responsible for delivery of the Rotterdam Major Investment (MAIN) Project, a very large, strategic project of high complexity. The Project General Manager leads activities to develop, optimize and deliver the Rotterdam Major Investment (MAIN) Project in line with business objectives, effectively and efficiently delivering the project in regard to safety, operability, quality, cost and schedule. Under the Project General Manager’s oversight, the project team must define project scope, deliver the intended business value, provide cost and schedule estimate assurance, and manage overall project risk. The Project General Manager is accountable across all phases of project development and delivery, including engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up and closeout activities.
The Project General Manager is responsible for defining and leading a large multi-discipline Project Management Team (PMT) throughout the project’s lifecycle. This role will be the primary PMT contact with the Gatekeeper and will have significant interfaces with business leadership, the community and government, etc. This role will also own major contractor relationships.
• Recruit, maintain and manage a Team of project professionals including HSSE, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning for the project;
• Coach and develop project team members to grow their capability;
• Interface with the Project Leadership Team, BU Management, Partners, support services, and other external parties;
• Manage contractors to ensure compliance with BP codes & standards, including ethical conduct, strategies, plans and procedures;
• Promote communication, coordination, teamwork and alignment of all project team members.
Plans & Procedures
• Challenge business and project assumptions to ensure that the most effective plan is in place to deliver maximum return on investment to BP;
• Delivery of the project in alignment with the R&M Project Common Process, including the following deliverables; Statement of Requirements, Basis of Design, Optimized Engineering definition, Project Execution Plan, procurement plan and Decision Support Packages;
• Integration of the project with other key stakeholders including alignment with Turnarounds;
• Create and implement a plan to obtain all regulatory, environmental and permitting approvals;
• Adhere to the segment financial, business and project processes.
• Accountable for the development of cost estimates within each project stage, and for sanction;
• Ensure appropriate internal and external benchmarking/technical limits are completed;
• Drive consistency throughout the estimating process and provide assurance for estimate reviews;
• Coordinate preparation of Cost Risk analyses.
• Ensure the development of appropriate budgets;
• Monitor costs within a project stage and for entire project until completion/close-out.
• Ensure the development of appropriate resource-loaded schedules and monitor schedules within a project stage and for entire project until completion/close-out;
• Progress measurement;
• Coordinate preparation of schedule risk analyses.
• Develop and implement the change management system;
• Link the change management process with estimate and schedule.
• Develop and implement the risk management process;
• Coordinate the development of risk mitigation plans;
• Link risk process to change process and estimate.
• Maintain alignment with Business objectives, set performance targets (HSSE, Cost Schedule, Quality etc) based on benchmarking and continuous improvement;
• Manage performance against these targets , intervening when appropriate;
• Communicate progress towards expected outcomes to key stakeholders and ensure that the project complies with all business reporting requirements;
• Define and monitor appropriate KPI’s to assure project progress and performance;
• Develop Project Closeout Plan.
Project Accounting and Tax Interfaces
• Work with BU/Project Controller and Accounting function to ensure adequate financial controls.
• Develop and manage the contracting strategy including compensation.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
• Demonstrate behaviors and otherwise promote a safety and secure working environment to deliver projects with no HSSE incidents.
University degree in an engineering, finance or business
Essential experience and job requirements
• 20+ years experience and proven track record in managing major Capital projects within a complex site;
• Project Management experience with Major Capital Projects leading project professionals, in both direct/indirect reporting relationships, in front end engineering and design, contracting and procurement, execution planning, detailed engineering, construction management and commissioning;
• Experience with a stage gated project execution process;
• Demonstrated strong organization, teamwork, communication and influence skills.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Refinery / Petrochemical experience;
• Experience with of BP’s Capital Value Process or Projects Common Process;
• Project Management industry certification and / or completion of Project & Engineering—Managing Projects program completion and/or BP Projects Academy graduate;
• Professional engineering certification;
• Demonstrated valuing and actively seeking out best practices in own area of contribution;
• Experience building and maintaining networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
Yes - including international/expat
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The quality of our products and our customer's trust in us is based on the knowledge and experience of our employees. Every single employee contributes substiantially to our success on a daily basis. Besides expecting performance BP ackknowledges the personal tribute and supports the personal development of every employee. BP - "A great place to work"!
[ "16-Aug-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login