China Talent Development LeadReq ID 94617BR Job category Human Resources Countries (State/Region) Central Location China - Central - Shanghai Apply now
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership for organisational development across all businesses and functions in China:
• Leading the talent management, leadership and employee development efforts in a holistic and integrated way to drive positive business outcomes and employee engagement.
• Facilitating the China Talent Committee and supporting the Global/Regional Talent committee and programs, including support strategic OD initiatives and projects that are prioritised as being critical to the achievement of the business strategy.
• As a member of the China HR Leadership team, providing strategic input and leadership to the development and delivery of the China People Plan and building capability within the HR function.
• Talent and Organisation Development
- Own and facilitate the China Talent Committee and provide support for the Global/Regional Talent committee and programs.
- Develop and implement talent strategy to address the critical talent challenges that exist across the organisation and business in China
• Leadership Development
- Oversee the graduate and high potential talent programs and the leadership development offering for senior level leaders, to ensure they are fit for purpose. Address the current and future capability needs of the business.
- Drive a change in leadership capability across China through support for leadership interventions that creates a step change in leadership effectiveness
- Provide thought leadership to business leaders and HR, on strategic workforce planning, organisational design and the development of capability plans, in order to build a strong performance culture, a diverse and inclusive workforce and a strong talent pipeline
- Develop and deliver China HR team capability and engagement across business
- Deliver appropriate local line manager development interventions, including coaching and formal programme delivery
- Develop and deliver the demand planning for and execution of the in country learning offer which is aligned to the Group, Segment and local business priorities and capability plans
- Ensure the Global Learning management system is successfully embedded across the business.
• Team Leadership
- Drive the embedding of the Values & behaviours, D&I, disciplines and other Group/Segment programmes across China, by leveraging strong relationships with key group and segment leads
- Oversee the management of suppliers to maximise value and ensure consistency of service levels
- Lead, coach and develop team members to ensure they are supported to achieve high performance and are highly engaged and motivated
- Put processes in place to ensure that business, audit and S&OR requirements are being met
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience/education.
Essential experience and job requirements
Demonstrates capability in line with the HR capability framework, with an equal blend of EQ, IQ and drive.
• Breadth and depth across the HR technical areas (Talent, Leadership, Learning, Culture, Organization design and effectiveness) and able to provide professional advice and act as a coach to others in most of the areas
• Risk Management – acts with high level of integrity and respect for data privacy. Takes steps to mitigate against risks in this space and knows when to escalate any concerns.
• Solution focus – implements solutions which will add value to BP and/or enhance relationships and ways of working.
• Stakeholder management – Ability to engage with and influence broad number of business and HR stakeholders. Uses effective partnering, consultancy skills and a ‘coach approach’ to build trust and to ensure maximum team work and results. Is skilled at active listening, influencing and communication.
• Business acumen & customer focus– keeps up to date with internal and external context, understands the relationship between their activity and the BP business strategy and drivers, and considers the commercial implications of HR decisions and actions. Always remembers that HR is an enabler of the business and ensures HR solutions lead to enhanced business effectiveness and results. Puts the customer/business at the heart of all recommendations and decisions.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
eadership & EQ Capability
• Group mind set - naturally looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others. Successfully balances the needs of the Function/Group with local needs.
• Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness
• Applies judgment and common sense at scale - able to use insight and good judgement to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
• Acts with integrity; is an exemplar of living the LEs & V&Bs and is a role model to others in the function and business
• Cultural fluency - able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Business Facing HR/HR partnership experience is a plus
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s and is one of the leading foreign investors in the oil & gas sector in China. Our business activities here include exploration and development, petrochemicals manufacturing and marketing, aviation fuel supply, oil products retailing, lubricants, oil and gas supply and trading, LNG terminal and trunk line and the chemicals technology licensing.
Building on its business successes in China, BP has also expanded partnerships with the national energy companies beyond the country’s borders. BP is working with CNPC in Iraq and Australia, Sinopec in Angola and Singapore, CNOOC in Australia, Indonesia and Argentina, and with China National Aviation Fuel in Singapore.
BP publishes BP Statistical Review of World Energy and BP Energy Outlook on annual basis. The publications are regarded as one of the world’s most reliable sources of energy data and are widely consulted.
In parallel, BP has been working to contribute to China society by helping address the local sustainability issues. BP has also been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly in clean energy R&D initiatives. To date, BP’s accumulative spending on community contributions in China has exceeded US$ 50 million. BP’s community practices have been widely recognized.
BP is committed to contributing to China’s energy solutions by continuing to be a trusted energy partner and valuable contributor supporting China’s strategic development.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login