Driveline Product Development TechnologistReq ID 93809BR Job category Research & Technology Countries (State/Region) Central Location China - Central - Shanghai Apply now
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver new differentiated driveline products & marketing offers for the automotive lubricants business, in line with the agreed business strategy and the requirements of the Offer Development and Innovation Process.
The individual will work closely with experienced formulators, engineers, advisors, statisticians and marketing specialists to develop the skills needed to deliver world class product technology.
The job holder will support/ lead a number of global or regional projects, sponsored by the Global Marketing or Country Marketing to deliver new differentiated products and offers to the market in a timely manner.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
The key responsibilities are to support and deliver new product development programmes for the Global Marketing or Country Marketing in line with the Lubricants SPU business strategy and the requirements of the Offer Development and Innovation process.
Project manage & act as technical SPA for a small portfolio of development projects
• Plan, execute and document test and marketing support programmes and carry out laboratory work as required to develop experimental blends.
• Interact with component/additive suppliers, test laboratories, and the broader GLT technology communities.
• Data analysis / reporting, and developing conclusions.
• Understand and coordinate any Intellectual Property (IP) opportunities/threats which arise from these projects.
• Complete relevant documentation to release new formulations to the business and supply chain.
• Project management including regular updates to all stakeholders at the appropriate level.
• Liaise with Additive and Base oil procurement teams on selection & supply.
• Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or other technical discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
These positions are ideally suited to individuals who have a demonstrated track record of achievement and problem solving, with clear evidence of project management skills, who is looking for a long term career in lubricant formulation and project management. However a range of experience is acceptable since the successful candidate will be working closely with experienced technologists and under the guidance of Lubricant Technology Advisors and Development Team Leaders.
Essential Criteria & Qualifications
• Previous experience of lubricant development, testing or product research will be advantageous
• Ability to manage multiple tasks independently, develop priorities and ensure timely execution of projects.
• Attention to detail in setting up programs & analysing results.
• The ability to analyse results and form conclusions independently.
• Ability to provide accurate data in a timely manner to all shareholders, in order to drive delivery of current business strategy.
• A strong track record of problem solving.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be able to adjust the style of communication to suit any audience.
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications
• The desire to strive for breakthroughs and innovation and the ability to communicate this both within the team environment and to a wider audience.
• Understanding and knowledge of intellectual property and the opportunities and threats that this could potentially pose.
• English – Fluent
• Chinese – Fluent
• German- Preferable
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s and is one of the leading foreign investors in the oil & gas sector in China. Our business activities here include exploration and development, petrochemicals manufacturing and marketing, aviation fuel supply, oil products retailing, lubricants, oil and gas supply and trading, LNG terminal and trunk line and the chemicals technology licensing.
Building on its business successes in China, BP has also expanded partnerships with the national energy companies beyond the country’s borders. BP is working with CNPC in Iraq and Australia, Sinopec in Angola and Singapore, CNOOC in Australia, Indonesia and Argentina, and with China National Aviation Fuel in Singapore.
BP publishes BP Statistical Review of World Energy and BP Energy Outlook on annual basis. The publications are regarded as one of the world’s most reliable sources of energy data and are widely consulted.
In parallel, BP has been working to contribute to China society by helping address the local sustainability issues. BP has also been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly in clean energy R&D initiatives. To date, BP’s accumulative spending on community contributions in China has exceeded US$ 50 million. BP’s community practices have been widely recognized.
BP is committed to contributing to China’s energy solutions by continuing to be a trusted energy partner and valuable contributor supporting China’s strategic development.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login