Account ManagerSingapore - Flexible - Singapore
Job profile summary:
Responsible for supporting the team to maximise profitability and sales opportunities by managing and developing strategic business relationships for sales direct/B2B in a defined geographic area, building on existing relationships and creating new business opportunities.
The Account Manager (AM) spends up to 70% of their time running a portfolio of existing customers, and for the remaining canvassing sales, identifying and converting new prospects in the Marine Lubricants Segment and Energy in future. The AM is supported by a strong cross-functional customer accounts team, digital tools & platforms and the in-region Sales Operations Executive allowing the AM to focus on customer facing activities.
- The Account Manager (AM) spends up to 70% of their time running a portfolio of existing customers, and for the remaining canvassing sales, identifying and converting new prospects in the Marine Lubricants Segment and Energy in future. The AM is supported by a strong cross-functional customer accounts team, digital tools & platforms and the in-region Sales Operations Executive allowing the AM to focus on customer facing activities.
- Supports a portfolio of accounts (approx. 70% of time) and new prospects in direct sales (approx. 30% of time), championing Castrol’s Value Selling principles and SmartGains framework to strengthen existing customer relationships and develop new customer acquisitions.
- Development of local B2B business plan, tracks direct sales opportunities & risk pipeline - to maximise profitability and payoff in defending and protecting business.
- Conducts sales activities such as volume and margin analysis, leading tender activity, resolving customer issues and track pricing performance to enhance customer perception of value.
- Drives new offers, develop a deep market knowledge, and actively supports prospecting activities, develop a pipeline of opportunities through more detailed customer analysis.
- Supports the implementation of the GME in-year programmes and priorities. Aligns personal objectives and individual annual plans with Area Sales Manager to deliver results through implementation of initiatives, offers, priorities as defined by the area annual plan (e.g. Smart Gains, New Builds, ancillary sales, price interventions etc.).
- Clearly articulates product and services offers in a way that demonstrates differentiation into customer value resulting in customers’ willingness to pay a value.
- Prioritises personal resources and activities to enable effective strategy execution and demonstrable growth within existing customer accounts through acquiring new vessels/ assets and upselling/ cross selling (prioritised to strategic target sectors).
- With Demand Control, develops and regularly updates detailed monthly customer forecasts, opportunities & vulnerabilities for the regional demand review which drives the LBM (Lubricants Business management) forecasting tool.
- Spends 60% of time in front of customers and is able to navigate conversations across a diverse contact map at all levels and through all functions of the customer to build strong relationships that build trust, generate powerful insights to enable business growth.
- Builds a robust plan to underpin each customer volume/ GM delivery and identifies areas to exploit organic growth. Gains pricing approval through the pricing team (Net Tool). Has focus portfolio of validated prospects and works the pipeline drawing support from the Sales Operations Executive to manage Prospecting Pipeline Management (PPM) KPIs in-line with targets.
- Leads virtual customer account teams to meet customer needs drawing support from Customer Operations, Global Business Services (GBS), Demand Control and Technical Support teams including a clear delegation of responsibilities.
- Builds personal development plan (PDP) based on career plan and line manager coaching/ feedback.
- Minimum Graduate or tertiary business qualification with equivalent experience.
Experience (depth and nature)
- Ability to develop, maintain and build new relationships with customers, OEMs and Industry bodies.
- Ability to present persuasive offers to senior level management within the customer’s business
- Leverages resources and own networks to achieve goals and objectives
- Understanding of shipping, oil & gas market and global dynamics, trends, regulatory environment desirable
- B2B sales management experience with a track record of delivery of sales targets and performance
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.