Build Verification Lead - Tortue FLNGReq ID 94673BR Job category PROJECTS Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore Apply now
BP Plc has recently set-up a new business region to explore and develop significant hydrocarbon resources in Mauritania and Senegal through an agreement with Kosmos Energy.
Tortue Phase 1A (currently in Define) is the first project from this region, the development is to consist of a subsea production system tied-back approximately 75km to an FPSO positioned at the shelf edge in 100-150m water depth. The FPSO undertakes gas pre-treatment before compressing and exporting the gas 35km through a pipeline to an inshore hub and terminal. The inshore hub and terminal supports and protects an FLNG facility and LNG carrier loading.
This role is a technical specialist within the Floating Liquified Natural Gas (FLNG) delivery team of the Tortue project, providing discipline knowledge and direction in the fields of LNG vessel construction, commissioning and classification to confirm that the vessel is built and tested in accordance with specification, contract and class requirements.
- Member of the FLNG site quality team, reporting to the FLNG Quality Manager and supporting the FLNG Project Manager.
- Support the development and delivery of the Tortue FLNG quality programme to verify the quality of detailed engineering, procurement, construction, outfitting, commissioning, sail-away and start-up activities.
- Oversee the EPC contractor and shipyard strategies and plans to achieve Class for the FLNG vessel, including the witnessing of key activities and review / endorsement of key deliverables.
- Provide support and direction to all disciplines within the FLNG project team to ensure a common understanding for management of deliverables required for Class.
- Primary interface with Classification Society to identify applicable installations, tests and deliverables to be overseen by BP team as part of BP Oversight Plan.
- Review the contractor quality plan and verification plan for execute and oversee the execution of the contractor’s verification plan activities.
- Contribute to and implement the BP oversight programme to ensure quality build including audit, surveillance of contractors’ activities, and inspection attendance at key manufacturing and construction activities.
- Support the delivery of a programme of technical reviews throughout execute to demonstrate compliance, evaluate project progress and support key go/no-go decisions.
- Interface and support the FLNG quality and inspection organisation to provide oversight for contractors’ activities.
- Identify quality risks and support the development of adequate mitigation actions or contingency plans are in place
- Provide guidance, advice and training to project team, contractors, suppliers, inspectors and third parties as required to ensure understanding of the project quality objectives
- Lead root-cause investigations of non-conformances identified, driving to true root cause and meaningful corrective actions
- Participate in the GPO Quality Community of Practice.
- Deputy to the FLNG Quality Manager and delegate during absence.
A degree in an engineering or project management subject
Essential experience and job requirements
- Shipyard construction experience (new-build or conversions)
- LNG facility experience (operations or construction)
- Classification knowledge and experience
- Experience with safety critical equipment / performance standard verification
- Quality management, project management or engineering in oil and gas or petrochemical facilities.
- Construction and commissioning stages of a major project.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Involves some travel to audit and oversee sub-contractor and supplier fabrication activities.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Quality management membership / certifications (ASQ, CQI or similar)
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- Membership of professional body e.g. IMarEST, RINA, IMechE
- EPC/I contractor management and engagement during the execute stage of a project
- Experience managing multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams
- Knowledge of non-destructive examination, welding inspection, coatings inspection and general inspection methods.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the organizational quality culture through continuous improvement.
Yes - including international/expat
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Quality Manager - Tortue FLNG 07/11/2018