Commodity Risk AnalystSingapore - Flexible - Singapore
Job profile summary:
Responsible for supporting leaders through delivery of value-added analysis, research and reporting to provide business understanding and control, including provision of market risk models and analytics and ensuring regulatory compliance in order to support the team's core accountability of delivering independent daily exposures, profit and loss (P&L) reporting and analysis of trading activities.
- Interprets and supports the definition of market and trading risk policies and procedures to ensure appropriate application and provide sound technical advice.
- Serves as a commercial partner to support and challenge the business in day-to-day trading, as well as long-term strategic deals, and ensures trading strategies are understood within a risk management framework.
- Runs and administers market risk models and the production of market analytics, utilizing relevant tools and techniques to manage risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifies market risk issues and market values to recommend possible solutions, coordinating the implementation of the approach across divisions.· Develops effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to explain changes and challenge trading strategies, ensuring market and trading risk disciplines and controls prevail in the business.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.
- Develop and leverage a deep understanding of EH supply and trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals.
- Deliver timely, rigorous, and accurate reporting and analysis of exposures, risks, costs, gross margin, cash and working capital etc.
- Provide constructive challenge to trading activity to ensure it is compliant and aligned to intended trading strategy.
- Deliver reporting and analytics that provide insight into IST’s business activities in order to support business decision making and strengthen the control environment.
- Oversee daily marking, upload, and maintenance of curves and volatilities.
- Support month-end and quarter-end close process, in conjunction with the EH Finance Leadership, to generate timely and accurate team results for subsequent consolidation and reporting to the key leadership stakeholders.
- Support regional and global Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Support ad hoc reporting requirements and/or special projects.
- Continuously improve analytical capability, developing and deepening understanding of commodity portfolio and drivers within it.
- Interface with functions across front, middle, and back office to understand and analyze trading activity impacts across the business.
- Enhance functional interface through analytic support to create an informed and holistic decision-making process for BP. This includes developing tools and metrics to provide better insights into the business activities and key drivers of P&L and returns.
- Facilitate and oversee effective and consistent compliance and controls, both internally and externally, while ensuring financial integrity for IST.
- Run and administer risk models and production of market risk analytics (such as MVaR) and flag potential material risk to Front Office and senior management to support risk mitigation and decision making
- A strong academic record including a university degree in Finance, Accounting, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or other Quantitative field.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment while working across various functions/ regions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to perform in a deadline oriented environment.
- Experience in business process re-engineering and automation skills and partnering with IT to achieve continuous improvement through deployment of emerging technologies.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Our supply and trading business connects BP to the world’s traded markets for oil, gas, power, refinery feedstocks and currencies. We market BP’s equity crude oil and natural gas, import feedstocks for our refinery system and buy products to meet marketing demand. We offer a combination of unique expertise in physical supply and trading, innovative financial structures, and world-class analytics to deliver long-term value, from wellhead to end customer.