Quality Manager - Tortue FLNGReq ID 94675BR Job category PROJECTS Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore Apply now
BP Plc has recently set-up a new business region to explore and develop significant hydrocarbon resources in Mauritania and Senegal through an agreement with Kosmos Energy.
Tortue Phase 1A (currently in Define) is the first project from this region, the development is to consist of a subsea production system tied-back approximately 75km to an FPSO positioned at the shelf edge in 100-150m water depth. The FPSO undertakes gas pre-treatment before compressing and exporting the gas 35km through a pipeline to an inshore hub and terminal. The inshore hub and terminal supports and protects an FLNG facility and LNG carrier loading.
This role will be the discipline lead for quality management for the Floating Liquified Natural Gas (FLNG) delivery team, providing discipline knowledge and direction, overseeing the contractor quality assurance and quality control activities, and providing self-verification of the FLNG Tortue project activities.
- Member of the FLNG leadership team, reporting to the FLNG Project General Manager (PGM) and the Tortue Project Quality Manager.
- Own the development and delivery of the Tortue FLNG quality programme to verify the quality of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, sail-away and start-up activities.
- Support the development of the FLNG Project Execution Plan, Project Statement of Requirements and Basis of Design by owning the quality management content of the programme.
- Endorse the contractor quality plan and verification plan for execute and oversee the execution of the contractor’s verification plan activities.
- Develop and implement the BP oversight programme to ensure quality build including audit, surveillance of contractors’ activities, and inspection attendance at key manufacturing and construction activities.
- Facilitate the delivery of a programme of technical reviews throughout execute to demonstrate compliance, evaluate project progress and support key go/no-go decisions.
- Develop the resource plan and manage the FLNG quality and inspection organisation to provide oversight for contractors’ activities.
- Responsible for management of the FLNG inspection team budget.
- Manage quality risks and ensure adequate mitigation actions or contingency plans are in place
- Provide guidance, advice and training to project team, contractors, suppliers, inspectors and third parties as required to ensure understanding of the project quality objectives
- Ensure that quality-related lessons are captured for future projects via the BP Shared Learning System or ESQ and manage the incorporation of quality-related lessons learned from other projects
- Lead root-cause investigations of non-conformances identified, driving to true root cause and meaningful corrective actions
- Oversee the contractors strategy for, and execution of, data and information handover.
- Actively participate in the GPO Quality Community of Practice, cascading relevant information to the Delivery Team project team members
- A degree in an engineering or project management subject, or
- Quality management membership / certifications (ASQ, CQI or similar)
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
Essential experience and job requirements
- Quality management, project management or engineering in oil and gas or petrochemical facilities.
- Construction and commissioning stages of a major project.
- EPC/I contractor management and engagement during the execute stage of a project
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Involves some travel to audit and oversee sub-contractor and supplier fabrication activities.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Shipyard construction experience
- Classification knowledge
- LNG facility experience (operations or construction)
- Experience with safety critical equipment / performance standard verification
- Ability to develop and implement risk-based audit and assurance programmes.
- Experience managing discipline inspector teams
- Knowledge of non-destructive examination, welding inspection, coatings inspection and general inspection methods.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the organizational quality culture through continuous improvement.
Yes - including international/expat
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Build Verification Lead - Tortue FLNG 07/11/2018