Senior Market AnalystReq ID 72012BR Job category Trading Analytics Countries (State/Region) Flexible Location Singapore - Flexible - Singapore Apply now
The IST – Eastern Hemisphere Regional Business (RB) is the supply and trading arm of BP in the East and is the trading face of BP in the markets of the Middle East and Asia. The RB supports other BP businesses by providing a competitive supply and trading function that covers chemicals, products and crude as well as a suite of risk management tools. The RB also generates entrepreneurial income through oil trading activities and the optimisation of blending and shipping operations. The organisation is in growth mode, in terms of geographical scope, product offering and financial contribution. This business is developing a highly profitable and safe activity set, which respects the environment and communities that we operate in, while challenging, developing and rewarding its employees. The RB is a dynamic environment as it is market driven and at the forefront of BP’s commercial activities. Experiences gained here provide an excellent platform for developing a career elsewhere in BP.
The key objectives and measures of success for the role, in order of priorities, are:
• To provide proprietary trading analytics to Traders on fundamentals, market pricing & potential strategies and ensure that the output becomes a key source of competitive advantage for IST Traders vs. the competition.
• Act as a Trading Analytics resource for the modelling of the sources of value/risks in new trading activities.
• Help the broader RB community in the analysis of mid term prospects & impacts on its Growth Strategy. The role is embedded in the trading teams and its primary accountabilities will include:
• Performing short term proprietary & tactical analysis linking the macro with the micro, resulting in a trading view to be discussed with traders.
• Identifying market relationships & pricing anomalies. If the market is tradable, form a trading view to be discussed with traders. If the market is not tradable, clearly articulate the rationale and trading insights it provides.
• Analyze ideas with traders, produce research supporting them & foster discussion with and across trading books. A personality facilitating communication with the trading teams is essential to ensure the success of this position.
Degree in Finance or in Engineering or equivalent. A degree in a discipline facilitating an understanding of either trading or commercial refining is acceptable.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience in a position closely related to an energy trading environment. The ideal candidate would possess a practical knowledge of the dynamics of energy pricing (principally oil markets).
- Analytically minded and creative thinking abilities, well supported by the ability to conduct your own analysis.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a team environment under pressure to deliver trading performance.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Practical knowledge of commercial refining would be an asset.
- Although not a pre-requisite, it is a plus for one who has academic qualifications demonstrating skills in statistical & regression analysis to conduct quantitative analysis, and the ability to perform the analysis using various software packages.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
Integrated Supply & Trading
[ "29-Sep-2017" ]
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login