IG LNG Expert Business AnalystUnited Kingdom - South East - London
Global LNG is a rapidly growing and important part of the IST trading portfolio. We are working closely with customers on an ambitious journey to manage this growth through building market leading innovative digital solutions across the deal life cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst to show thought leadership, work collaboratively with customers, UX designers, engineers, quality assurance analysts and the wider team in a fast moving environment to deliver complex and engaging digital products.
Digitizing contracts, deal scenario modelling, cloud migration, team collaboration tools are a small selection of the features planned.
We follow an iterative and incremental software development approach, so experience of agile techniques, as well as being an authority in traditional analysis tools and techniques is required.
BP is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud of our equal opportunities and meritocracy which will allow you to reach your full potential.
- Work closely with UX Designers to understand user requirements and validate solutions backed with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work closely with developers and quality assurance analysts to ensure requirements are expressed as clear concise user stories.
- Break large problems down into incrementally deliverable working features with clear clear business cases to justify decisions, and then measure the impact of the change to ensure benefits have been achieved.
- Facilitate workshops, responsible for leading engagement with customers at all tiers.
- Recognised by IT&S team and business as a subject matter expert having a deep understanding of business and systems environment supporting product owners to prioritise and pick the correct backlog items to implement.
- Prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders.
- Work on multiple projects, prioritising workload.
- Using data analysis techniques including SQL to make informed decisions.
- Manage UAT with customers and working closely with QA team ensuring releases are consistently of high quality with minimum defects.
- At times, supporting production support team to resolve urgent issues, set up of complex deal price formula’s, exposure, profit and loss calculations and data interrogation in trading systems.
- Active participation in all aspects of an agile team; sprint planning and retrospectives, estimation sessions etc.
- The role holder will need to communicate at senior levels within the business and technology teams as well as with managed service teams.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Strong facilitation experience
- Understands and can explain concepts from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Experience in mentoring
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Excellent Business Analysis skills and expertise including business requirements gathering and user stories definition.
- Experience of breaking down large problems into incrementally deliverable, desirable, value add features.
- Ready to get involved in projects and situations and make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains
- SQL and data analysis skills for problem solving and technical project analysis.
- Experience working in trading environment and clearly understands trading and commodity risk concepts.
- Proven success of analysing complex products that lead to significant value to stakeholders.
- Understands User Research /Design Thinking concepts and applies those to product work.
- Working knowledge and experience of tools and techniques for backlog prioritisation.
- Solid team player with the ability to lead analysis activity.
- Ability to own and deliver discrete pieces of work.
- Ability to negotiate / influence at senior / leadership level.
- Respects individual’s views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel.
- We follow an iterative and incremental software development approach, so experience of agile techniques, as well as being an authority in traditional analysis tools and techniques is required. .
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Experience of working in a Dev-ops style team.
- Experience of Specflow / Cucumber testing frameworks.
- Experience of ETRM solutions.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
IST Information Technology & Services (IT&S) is the progressive global IT arm of BP. The expertise IT&S provides is central to the operation and development of Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) - one of the world's largest energy trading businesses. Delivering innovative solutions for supply and commodity trading activity across IST's Global Gas and Oil Strategic Performance Units is at the heart of what IT&S does.
Our people and culture are diverse, reflecting the truly global nature of our business - in excess of 500 employees provide a presence in over 50 countries, with key hubs in London, Chicago, Houston, Calgary and Singapore. We support our people by offering an exciting variety of professions and provide excellent training opportunities to help them progress their careers.