Project Performance LeadReq ID 94640BR Job category PROJECTS Location Egypt - Other - Egypt, United Kingdom - South East - London Apply now
This is a senior position, reporting direct to the VP Projects NA & ME and providing close support to Projects Services Manager.
The successful candidate will be providing analysis of project data and critical project information requests being communicated for the North Africa and Middle East Major Projects. They must be able to assimilate data and understand requests from GPO, the Region and Upstream executive teams at short notice, extract key numerical data from the WND projects teams and provide integrated summaries of project cost, schedule and other performance metrics succinctly and effectively for presentation to executive management.
Must know GPO processes and guidelines, be self-standing and of sufficient experience to make wise and informed judgements concerning the information requests which are being made. The person must be able to provide high-quality responses with minimal need for corrections or intervention by the VP Projects NA & ME and PSM.
Required to lead performance management discussions of the North Africa and Middle East Major projects, including WND, Zohr, Atoll, Khazzan and Ghazeer, through information gathered from AOPs, Project Executions Plans, SORC reports, MPRs, Management of Change, PCNs, Project Support (action tracking and PMCS tools), Quarterly Cost and Schedule forecasts, Project Closeout reports and coordination of key performance management meetings such as the Project Leadership Team (PLT) and Contractor Executive meetings.
The role may include WND Projects Cyber Ambassador responsibility. This is the focal point for leading the cyber security programme within the WND projects community and driving improvements in behaviour to reduce vulnerabilities and make WND Projects resilient to cyber attack.
- Coordinate Quarterly Plan Freeze review meetings with VP NA & ME
- Liaise with GPO Houston team regarding QPF and QPP submissions, including preparation and checking of data provided to GPO HoF review meetings attended by VP NA & ME Projects.
- Support regional GFR/ QPF/QPP submissions.
- Verification plan check (CSVR, IVR, EPMR, PHSSER, External Benchmarking, SUAR)
- FM reviews and coordinating PRDD, PRM, IGM, UEM, RCM dates with necessary parties and updating FM lookaheads.
- Checks, reviews and coordinates PRDD and PRM pre-read
- Coordinate VP NA & ME input into GPO OPR, quarterly results webcast, major projects website and investor/strategy updates
- Respond to ad hoc requests from Houston and provide a holistic view of project status across functions when requested
- Provide introductory summary for expected in-year and subsequent year start-ups.
- PPLs follow-up on ad-hoc queries and/or data QC issues.
- Prepare and coordinate WND PLT meeting.
- Coordinate and maintain WND Project Review 3 month Lookahead schedule.
- Assist with VP NA & ME townhalls and SLL meetings.
- Coordinate WND projects information sharing and PR activities including quarterly VP newsletter, video and photographic services and social media eg Yammer notifications of key project milestones and events.
- Responsible for leading and developing the Project Support team across WND GPO portfolio
- Lead in the establishment, delivery and ongoing support for the Project Support processes (primarily Management of Change, Risk Management, Action Tracking and Performance Management). Act as the WND PMCS Champion.
- Lead in the coordination of the Project Services Self Verification and Project Close Out activities.
- The role requires interaction across all projects, delivery teams (including Project Services), functional groups in both GPO and the Region as well as engagement with all main contractors.
- Define the key objectives and functional strategy, and establishing the systems, procedures, plans and tools for the Project Support processes across the WND GPO Projects.
- Ensure WND GPO Project conformance to BP Group defined, GPO practices & procedures, MPcp and OMS
- Build competence across WND GPO Projects in the use and application of the procedures, plans and toolsets through training, user support and coaching programmes.
- Lead in the development, deployment, implementation and ongoing support of GPO standard toolset (PMCS) for all modules (ATS, MoC, Risk, ETP DR, IR)
- Develop performance & assurance metrics for each Project Support process, analysing and routinely reporting to leadership for the overall governance at VPLT-level and for performance management at Project and Delivery Team levels.
- Lead in the coordination of Project Services Self Verification and Project Close Out Activities, including Close Out Report.
- Establish networks with Delivery Team based Project Support Coordinators to drive consistency of application and utilisation of the established Project Support processes and toolsets in all locations
Technical (Science or Engineering) degree preferred, other (highly numerate) qualifications also considered.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive Oil & Gas Project Management experience (>10 years)
- Track record of strong delivery
- Hard working and prepared to work unsociable hours (e.g. time difference with Houston office)
- Ability to accurately summarise complex information for executive management, understanding the correct level of detail and tone for any given request.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, ability to question and sense-check data that is provided and not just blindly accept or pass-through.
- Courage to deal regularly with senior and executive leadership
- Self-standing, work with minimum direction, with ability to provide guidance on upcoming requests and plan ahead
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
The role is based in either Cairo or Sutton office and will involve travel to these locations and occasionally to Oman. Estimated travel <20% of the role.There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Experience working in with major project portfolios, and/or a strong interest in a future career within GPO projects
• Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur
• Actively engages and respects contributions of others.
• Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction
• Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them
• Actively promotes open & effective communication
• Strong planning and organising ability.
• Actively promotes a positive team environment
• Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login