Senior Openlink Endur DeveloperReq ID 89639BR Job category Information Technology & Services Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - London Apply now
As the European Gas and Power Senior Developer you will be a senior member of our technical team, driving standards, mentoring junior staff and maturing our devops model. Located on the trade floor you will be responsible for the immediate response to trading, operations, confirmations and regulatory reporting issues and enhancements raised by our stakeholders. You will work on design, development and maintenance of enhancements and defect fixes to agreed code and quality standards across the entire breadth of Endur functionality as well as bespoke systems.
You will be an exceptional developer and have solid experience of leading teams through complex changes. You will engage with a diverse range of people, building positive relationships within IT and with our business partners, across various geographies, skillsets and seniority within the organisation. As such, it is vital that the applicant possesses exceptional communication skills and can explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Another crucial aspect of this role will be working to establish team capability, coaching more junior staff and sharing knowledge and experience.The applicant must have good experience in and be capable of explaining concepts such as SOLID design principles, agile development, test driven development, and DevOps. The ability to provide thought leadership, identifying advancements in our industry and recognising opportunities to apply them to the team will be essential to our ongoing success. Further, you will possess the enthusiasm to inspire others to adopt new ways of working.
Supporting the adoption of a DevOps model will be a key aspect of the role. This will involve innovating, designing, and overseeing/developing new processes, strategies and tooling peripheral to the core Endur platform. Extensive experience with development outside beyond the Endur system will be necessary.
BP is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud of our fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy which allow our employees to reach their full potential
- Analyse, develop and deliver robust solutions into the Endur as well as other bespoke in-house applications.
- Identify underlying root causes for reoccurring problems, and boldly suggest improvements and simplifications to improve the overall service offering and to reduce service outages
- Provide technical leadership, resolve conflicts and promote creative, high quality development within a collaborative team environment.
- Drive the evaluation, adoption, management, and optimisation of various DevOps tools (TFS, Geneos, Splunk, SpecFlow etc.).
- Be open to change and a strong advocate for new technology and methods.
- Actively work with strategic partners and Vendors.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Development skills in Java and/or .NET
- Good understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded programme design.
- Deep experience of the Openlink Endur platform
- Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of messaging systems and protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, TCP
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Additional Information: Provide on call support as directed.
The applicant will be required to support critical business periods (month / quarter end) and application release schedules which will include out of hours work. The team provide 24x7 business cover. The DevOps Analyst will be expected to work as part of a rota to cover this period as directed by a Line Manager.
The team also provides on-site support 7.00am - 5.30pm in shifts. You will be expected to be flexible to cover shifts within these times as operationally required.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Business knowledge of energy or financial trading
- Experience with automated test tools such as SpecFlow
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
Integrated Supply & Trading
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Analyst Developer South East London, England 31/08/2018