Ethics and Compliance AnalystReq ID 96063BR Job category Compliance & Ethics Countries (State/Region) South East Location United Kingdom - South East - Sunbury Apply now
The Ethics & Compliance Analyst for the Mauritania & Senegal Region plays a key role in supporting the Ethics & Compliance Manager to help the business integrate ethics and compliance into its daily management and strategic planning and to operate in accordance with BP’s Values and Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
Mauritania & Senegal is a new Upstream Region. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in an emerging world class hydrocarbon basin supporting a development that is not only a significant event for BP but also for the two countries involved.
The licences include the Tortue field estimated to contain up to 15 Tcf of discovered gas resource. The first phase consists of 13 subsea wells in 2,800m water depth tied back to a gas processing FPSO positioned between the field and a nearshore hub/terminal hosting a leased floating LNG (FLNG) vessel and LNG export terminal facilities. This will be closely followed by a gas processing platform situated by the FPSO processing the gas from a further 14 wells and an increase of the FLNG capacity at the hub terminal.
BP has signed agreements to work with Kosmos Energy to develop these resources. Under the terms of the agreements, Kosmos will continue to operate exploration activities in the licences, which hold world-class deepwater gas discoveries and exploration prospectively. BP is responsible, as operator, for all appraisal and development activities.
The Region also covers new African venture countries, namely Sao Tome & Principe, Côte D’Ivoire and Madagascar. Activities in these countries include seismic acquisition and analysis, environmental studies and some significant social investment commitments. Over the next four years, we expect to proceed with a number of appraisal wells in these countries.
The Ethics & Compliance Analyst will:
- Support the E&C Manager in:
- embedding ethics and compliance in the region;
- promoting the Code of Conduct, Values & Behaviours(V&B), Speak Up culture and other campaigns through communications and knowledge sharing;
- responding to ethics and compliance enquiries and requests for advice;
- completing the risk identification and reporting activities including for the Risk Management Review and NOJV risk management processes;
- leading the modern slavery programme, to the extent required by the Regional President and the regional strategy;
- Analyse ethics and compliance registers and intervene if red flags emerge to minimise the ethics and compliance related risks;
- Review ethics and compliance metrics to assess trends;
- Risk rate staff for the purposes of respective E&C trainings based on the type of job (subject to approval by the ECL), manage timely completion by staff and intervene where necessary to ensure completion.
- Support counterparty due diligence evaluations for social investments.
- Support the E&C Manager and PSCM with supplier risk management activities.
University degree or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
- A good understanding of BP’s Code of Conduct and Values & Behaviours.
- An active interest in ethical behaviours and building a positive culture.
- A strong track record of exemplifying BP’s Values and Behaviours.
- Good analytical and drafting skills, effective prioritisation, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Self-confidence to take a firm stand and energetic persistence in seeking solutions to complex issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to apply these skills at different levels of the organisation.
- Strong work ethic and creative ability to achieve identified goals, both individually and as a team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across BP.
- Ability to deliver the Ethics and Compliance agenda in a creative and collaborative manner.
- Strong awareness / sensitivity to different cultures.
- Demonstrate a "can do” attitude and ability to take on challenging assignments and complete them on time and with high quality.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Prior experience of risk management activities, e.g. in an ethics & compliance, audit, finance, legal, regulatory or safety environment.
- A good working level of written and spoken French.
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
View this location
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login