Our Mindset AdvisorUnited Kingdom - South East - Sunbury
The primary purpose of the Our Mindset Advisor is to provide support in defining Our Mindset agenda and leading the delivery of this agenda to transform the culture of the Upstream.
The Upstream has one vision, three strategy elements and 5 priorities. One of our Upstream priorities is to Modernise and Transform the upstream to improve the performance and feel of our business. Modernisation and Transformation is enabled by three themes, Digital, Agility and Our Mindset.
Our Mindset is how we think and work together. The world is changing fast and we need to change with it. In the Upstream, we want to thrive in this changing world, not just survive. Our Mindset is unique and makes us different from our competition. By embracing our six mindsets, we are changing the way we think and work with each other. This will improve how it feels to work here and help us build a better Upstream.
The role holder will work with HR CoEs, in particular Talent and Learning, to define and create global solutions that transform Our Mindset across the Upstream. They will also work closely with regional and functional BFHR teams to deliver some of these global solutions locally, gather feedback and provide any additional support required. They are also responsible for remaining connected to the broader M&T agenda, through the M&T lead network and the other teams e.g. Agile, to ensure M&T is integrated at the global and local level.
Please note: Competitive salary applies
Closing date: This posting will close on Monday 18th March 2019
STRATEGY & PLANNING
In partnership with the Mindset theme lead, CoE representatives and BFHR leadership, define the annual and mid-term Our Mindset plan.
- Monitor external trends and best practice in support of providing positive disruption in the business
- Define the Our Mindset annual plan
- Own and manage the delivery of the plan
- Support definition and own delivery of any Segment-wide workstreams/products. Workstreams/products could include; integration of Our Mindsets into HR processes; segment wide communications plan; and measurement tools and approach.
- Manage stakeholder engagement to ensure buy-in and endorsement of segment wide activity using Upstream Cap Forum. UET People meeting and M&T table as appropriate.
- Working closely with CoEs and other functions such as Comms to deliver these on time, fit for purpose and within budget.
- Ensure that these are embedded across all regions and functions and continuously improved using feedback.
- Maintain regular contact with BFHR LT and regional HRVPs or delegates to understand the culture challenges, provide feedback on existing support materials and suggestions/buy-in for future work products.
- Define and own delivery of global/central solutions that can be used by regional teams to effectively deliver culture change at the local level using the fixed, flexible, free model e.g. Our Mindset Team Events at site offer.
- Provide general advice and support to regional BFHR teams to embed Our Mindsets and effect culture change by bringing best practice from across the global Upstream community and external research.
- Work closely with other M&T theme leads and comms team to integrate Our Mindset to create one joined up agenda and narrative.
- Keep M&T lead network across the functions and regions informed and up to date on activities and progress in Our Mindset theme.
Degree qualified or equivalent experience/education
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Breadth and depth across the HR technical areas (per Technical Edge) to develop products across CoEs
- Ability to effectively partner with other parts of HR including CoEs and BFHR teams
- Analytical thinking – comfortable using analytics to identify outcomes and influence decision making;
- Digital fluency - not only comfortable and competent using technology to enable and enhance ways of working and thinking, also comfortable in the wider digital environment and the interface with business transformation including people, processes and data driven actions.
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive highly customer-focused outcomes
- Drives value-adding solutions - driven to create solutions to business problems. Track record of improving/adding value
- Externally orientated – actively working on developing external connections, aware of best practice and actively learns from others
- Strong influencing and consultative skills
- Demonstrable experience of effectively engaging and managing multiple senior internal stakeholders
- Innovative thinking and ability to drive forward new concepts, ideas and approaches
- Group mind-set - demonstrates an understanding of the value of, and ability to develop, high quality, trust-based relationships with HR colleagues & with the wider organisation - leaders & employees
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness
- Effective team player able to work successfully across organisational boundaries
- Acts with integrity; role model of BP V&Bs to others in the function and business
- Cultural fluency - able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivit
- Experience of organisation change management, specifically culture changeExperience of working in a matrixed organisation
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.