Project Reliability Engineer – Tortue Phase 2/3United Kingdom - South East - Sunbury
Mauritania and Senegal has recently become a new Upstream Region. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in an emerging world-class hydrocarbon basin in a development that is not only a significant event for BP but also the two countries involved.
BP has signed agreements with Kosmos Energy to develop significant gas resources in West Africa. The agreements involve BP assuming operatorship of a very large licence position in the countries of Mauritania and Senegal. Under the terms of the agreements BP will operate all appraisal and development activities and Kosmos will continue to operate Exploration activities in the licences, which hold world-class deepwater gas discoveries and exploration prospectivity.
The licences include the Tortue field estimated to contain up to 15 Tcf of discovered gas resource. The multi-year exploration activities and development project at Tortue represent an exciting and strategically significant investment opportunity for BP.
The first phase of the development consists of 12 subsea wells in 2800m water depth tied back to a gas processing FPSO positioned between the field and a nearshore Hub/Terminal hosting a leased floating LNG (FLNG) vessel and LNG export terminal facilities. Phases 2 and 3 will closely follow with a further 30 wells along with additional gas processing facilities near the FPSO and liquefaction facilities at the Hub/Terminal.
Tortue Phase 2/3 will shortly enter Optimise. Reporting initially to the Operations Support Team Leader (OSTL) for Phase 2/3, the Reliability Engineer is accountable for providing reliability input into the refinement of the concept and subsequent project design. The larger Phase 1 team will provide additional support.
This is a great opportunity to join a high profile mega-project with significant technical challenges, including maximising the opportunities presented by BP’s Remote Operations Big Bet.
The role will be based in the contractor’s office, (likely to be in the London area) with regular travel to Sunbury.
- Work with the Pre-FEED contractor and project team to develop a Remote Operations Reference Case by building on the work completed in Concept Definition
- Support the project team by providing reliability input to plant sparing, levels of redundancy, standardisation and major component selection based on life cycle costing
- Contribute to development of Production Availability model including application of Mean Time To Repair data
- Provision of strategic direction, subject matter expertise and coaching in all aspects of reliability analysis and assessment
- Input to the Repair, Spares & Stocking Strategy
- Provide maintenance input to the procurement, delivery and preservation of spare parts
- Identify initial equipment and materials to purchase/stock to support maintenance
- Participate in Criticality and FMEA/RCM and SPIL reviews
- Develop scopes and participate in tendering for specific maintenance contracts
- Attend the appropriate Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s)
- Provides technical input to the Maintenance assignment reviews
Degree in Engineering or related discipline, and preferably a professional Reliability qualification.
Essential experience and job requirements:
Extensive technical understanding of reliability principles and methodologies with demonstrable experience in practical application and diagnostic capability.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Familiar with the BP systems and tools for reliability analysis and assessment.
- Experience of LNG facilities design and/or operations
- Experience of working with un-manned/remotely operated facilities.
- Experience in providing input during engineering design.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.