Senior Subsea Controls EngineerReq ID 94152BR Job category Engineering Upstream Location Azerbaijan - East - Baku, United Kingdom - South East - Sunbury Apply now
Provide deep subsea controls engineering expertise and judgement in support of engineering risk, integrity management and the delivery of safe, compliant and efficient operations.
- Provide and manage subsea controls engineering expertise as the Equipment Class Owner for the equipment classes as assigned by GOO requirements.
- Ensure pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented to manage risk, production efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation, to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Own and maintain the documents and data for the assigned Equipment Classes.
- Own and maintain the subsea controls risk assessment for the Region ensuring that the identified threats reflect current operations and use this to define, implement and manage regional controls threat mitigation programs across IM and other functions.
- Prepare, review and endorse controls-related metrics (e.g. integrity dashboard and LOPC data) and intervene where appropriate.
- Integrate with associated disciplines to ensure adequate equipment care, including maintenance & engineering, corrosion, flow assurance, production chemistry, pressure systems integrity, and structural & civil engineering.
- Provide and manage controls engineering support to F4S barrier evaluations and incident investigations.
- Record relevant learning in shared learning systems, incorporate into local activities, specifications/practices/procedures and escalate high priority lessons.
- Management of subsea operation’s contractors (e.g. subsea engineering contractors).
- Although the role has no direct reports, the senior engineer will be expected to provide day to day leadership of controls and hardware team, setting priorities and encouraging appropriate behaviours to achieve success, including a continuous improvement culture, whilst delivering technical development and coaching.
- BSc or BEng(UK), BSc (US), or international equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Professional accreditation, such as Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer
Essential experience and job requirements
- Technical expertise in several areas related to the discipline applied to Operations. These include risk assessment, risk-based inspection, engineering assessments, failure investigation, fitness for service, inspection and monitoring and repair.
- Proven ability in practical application of engineering standards and practices for controls engineering.
- People leadership and an ability to network and influence across organisational boundaries.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
View this location
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login