Team AdministratorUnited Kingdom - South East - Sunbury
The Team Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient administration support to Legal team members, including the Group Technology Legal team and AGC for Western and Southern Africa, Asia Pacific and India. This role requires the need to work proactively in a fast-paced and demanding environment with the ability to differentiate between critical priorities and others. It is essential to be highly adaptable and have supportive team-working and networking skills with peers and lawyers worldwide.
- Diary Management - Prioritising and maintaining incoming requests for supported team members.
- Meetings - Planning, organising and co-ordinating appointments, teleconferences, video conferences and live meetings.
- Expenses - Preparing and submitting expenses reports on behalf of the supported team members and handling expense queries or issues.
- Leavers/Joiners – Assisting with the induction, onboarding and offboarding of supported team members.
- Office documents - Supporting the team in the preparation and formatting of complex word documents, spreadsheets and power point slides.
- Office logistics - Managing office logistics, IT equipment and supply as requested.
- Travel - Booking all travel arrangements for supported team members including flights, hotels, hire car, taxis, hotels, currency and visas.
- Collaboration - Working closely with other Team Assistants to assist with meeting room bookings and organisation and cover their work as and when required.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- High standard of administrative and analytical skills, including organization, prioritizing, and forward planning.
- Ability to work without supervision, assess requirements and take action under own initiative.
- Ability to deal comfortably with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Open and communicative style, with the ability to listen and sensitivity to working with diverse cultures.
- Proactive, adaptable and customer-focused.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills across multiple teams and locations.
- Strong follow-through and completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assess and anticipate the requirements of the team.
- Professionalism and courtesy in the face of changing priorities.
- Skilful application of all MS Office programmes - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint.
- Proven track record of supporting function professionals and their team leader.
- Numerate with good analytical skills.
- Working and delivering with tight deadlines.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
Experience, ideally in the legal industry, with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with minimum supervision. It is a requirement to be thorough, diligent, accurate and confident in the role, and to treat matters with discretion due to the confidential nature of much of the work.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future.
The purpose of the Legal function is to provide legal services to the Group in order to further the maximisation of business opportunities and value and the minimisation of business risks and liabilities.
BP Legal lawyers and support staff work closely with their colleagues in the Businesses, Regions and Functions to deliver exceptional results in transactions, disputes and issues management.
Building on its existing strength, BP Legal has developed its strategic priorities, in line with the Group Strategy, to achieve its vision and address present and foreseeable challenges.