Junior / Senior Financial accountant – Register your interest (P)Req ID 87069BR Job category Finance Countries (State/Region) Szeged Location Hungary - Szeged Apply now
BP – This is your place! Find the right position to explore your potential in the exciting and vibrant universe of BP, one of the world’s leading energy companies!
Consider joining us if you recently graduated from your studies and have interest in accounting or if you have already gained accounting or auditing experience. Here is your chance to unleash your potential as a
Junior / Senior Financial Accountant
Who we are?
From the deep sea to the desert, from rigs to fuel retail sites and research centres, BP delivers light, heat, and mobility solutions for a changing world. In our Global Business Services offices in Budapest and Szeged we provide services to move our business forward. As we are continuously growing we look for experienced professionals to contribute to our success.
Register your interest today for our Junior / Senior Financial Accountant position. More information about registering your interest for a position is available below.
If you join us as a Junior Financial Accountant you may have the following responsibilities:
- delivering Finance Group Reporting support to the business(es) and countries assigned to the role.
- resolving queries and issues, carrying out the month end close processes in a timely and accurate manner and carrying out balance sheet reconciliation
- supporting intercompany processes / Group recharges processes where relevant
If you join us as a Senior Financial Accountant you may have the following responsibilities:
- delivery of Finance Group Reporting support to the business(es) and countries assigned to the role
- support of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and provide support for other Group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Intercompany reconciliations and Group Charges
- working on complex or difficult accounting areas requiring extensive experience in order to ensure the correct reporting and accounting treatment
- looking for opportunities to drive process improvements, working with the relevant people to put these in place
- acting as a focal point within the team providing guidance and support to other team members and providing cover for the Team Leader in times of absence
As a Junior / Senior Financial Accountant you will make a significant impact by:
- ensuring financial compliance by following accounting policies
- supporting the creation of BP’s financial statement
- being the face and voice of one of the largest global energy company
For a Financial Accountantrole we have the following requirements:
- University or college degree or other educational background in Finance/Accounting
- 0-2 year experience in related Finance area for a junior position, 5-6 years’ experience in related Finance area for a senior position
- Fluency in English, additional European language knowledge is an advantage
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Strong level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking, good communication and cooperation skills
- Additional requirements for a senior role:
- readiness for action and ability to work under pressure
- self-confident appearance in relations to the internal and external contacts
- strong communication and cooperation skills
At BP we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mindset of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to build a lasting career
- different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- life & health insurance, medical care package
- company laptop and phone for private usage
- opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
Register your interest:
BP is looking to expand its community in the market place and develop meaningful relationships with prospective candidates before a vacancy becomes immediately available. This way we can ensure that you receive information about BP and your area of interest whilst you build up a relationship with a BP recruiter. If you are interested in connecting with us, join our talent community by submitting an application form.
How does it work?
Our talent community pool offers you the opportunity to be contacted about future vacancies specifically matched to your experience, qualifications and ambitions. Your application will be reviewed by a BP recruiter and if your experience is a good fit then we will be in touch to better understand your timings, ambitions and share more information about BP with you. Please note that you are not applying for a live vacancy and are instead registering interest in a specific discipline. Once you have done so, your details will become integrated into our candidate database so our recruiters are able to contact you about future live opportunities.
Who should register interest?
If you are looking for your next role, just contemplating making a move or curious about finding out about relevant positions in BP, you should register with us today and we will be in touch.
Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
location is Szeged, Hungary
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- SAP knowledge is a plus
Is this a part time position?
BP is establishing a new Business Service Centre (“BSC”) location in Szeged which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to all Downstream businesses in Europe. The BSC provides the opportunity to combine activities dispersed across different locations, and support the standardization and simplification of processes in one location. The new BSC site is starting operations in 2017, along with the Budapest site which, opened in 2009 and has 1200 employees. We are looking for experienced professionals to contribute to our success.
Corporate & Functions
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Supply Analyst - Szeged Szeged, Csongrád megye 20/10/2018
- Employee Experience & Diversity Junior Specialist - Szeged Szeged, Csongrád megye 15/10/2018
- Master Data and Price List Specialist - Szeged- German speaking Szeged, Csongrád megye 15/10/2018