Continuous Improvement ManagerUnited States - Texas - Texas City
Job profile summary:
- Serve as the OMS Facilitator:
- Manages site’s Operating Management System (OMS).
- Ensures completion of annual OMS Gap Assessment (self and external).
- Oversees and tracks progress and performance against OMS Conformance Plan.
- Manages annual Performance Improvement Cycle (PIC) review with the site Leadership Team to shape, plan and prioritize an OMS Strategy, deployment actions and resource plan. o Facilitates the Annual Management Review.
- Leads the development and implementation of the Self Verification program for TCC, in alignment with the overall
- Petrochemicals Self-Verification Program Minimum Requirements.
- Recognized as the site SV Program Coordinator/SPA and acts as a member of the Petrochemicals Self Verification CoP.
- Develops TCC protocols/checklist templates for OMS Top 16 + 3.
- Defines and coordinates the frequency of assessments and team make-up for each prevention and mitigation barrier to be assessed for the Purple Zone/Blue C+ Risks.
- Creates a consolidated self-verification schedule (including 3 year look ahead) to facilitate tracking and system linkages.
- Establishes Self Verification KPIs to be tracked and reported.
- Ensures compliance of and maintains the site ISO 9001 certification.
- Performs the internal and external ISO 9001 audits.
- Maintains the ISO 9001 documentation.
- Resolves/Tracks ISO 9001 related action items.
- Responsibilities as the Continuous Improvement/Change Management Champion:
- Leads efforts to cultivate a site -wide understanding of “Continuous Improvement” application in support of delivering business value. Works closely with the leadership team to understand and agree business priorities and provides coaching to the LT for becoming better Continuous Improvement sponsors
- Develops and implements TCC Continuous Improvement/Change Management plan, ensure prioritization and alignment of activities that deliver business priorities (enable PIC) to deliver risk reduction and bottom-line business improvement
- Monitors Activity/progress in monitoring of key CI metrics to track value contribution
- Provide CI support to leaders in techniques for effective implementation of local business CI strategy and problem-solving processes
- Four-year degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5+ years of experience in CI methodologies with 4-5 self-directed and completed CI projects OR higher certifications in one or more of the recognized CI methodologies.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- STEM Degree
- MBA or PMP
- 10+ years in refining or chemical manufacturing
- Strong business focus and understanding of business environment
- Knowledge in project management
- Significant track record of project teamwork and delivery
- Ability to translate strategic directives into action plans
- Advanced knowledge with the MS Office suite of products
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven record of sound judgment and effective decision making
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing principles
- Strong negotiating skills
- Understanding of financial principles
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Ability to influence
- A strong drive to deliver results
- Able to adapt quickly to challenging and changing roles and responsibilities
- A good team player and able to manage conflict
- Knowledge of corporate policies
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.