Procurement SpecialistReq ID 92916BR Job category Procurement & Supply Chain Management Countries (State/Region) Ohio Location United States - Ohio - Toledo Apply now
BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
In support of the Site Procurement Manager (SPM), the Procurement Specialist provides procurement support to the refinery within the context of: (1) day to day operation, (2) project-based activity, and (3) unplanned work and emergencies. All work executed by the Procurement Specialist is in support of the safe, reliable, and compliant operation of the plant.
As a Procurement Specialist your priority is to understand the site’s demand in support of a specific areas of focus; such as operations, maintenance, projects, or turnarounds.
The Procurement Specialist will work with colleagues across the Downstream Procurement organization; specifically the Procurement Category teams, to ensure that all sourcing and contracting is timely executed. In the event of an emergency, the Procurement Specialist will source goods and services locally. You will support category management initiatives which are specific to the site. The Specialist must ensure that local requirements and constraints are properly understood and accounted for in the development and delivery of category strategies.
The Specialist must build trust with stakeholders and local suppliers. You will actively work to build relationships with the supply base and manage onsite performance via facilitation of routine supplier performance management meetings. You also own the accountability of onboarding new suppliers, and setting them up for success.
The Procurement Specialist will work closely with the Global Business Services (GBS) team to ensure that Purchase to Pay (P2P) is systematic and in control.
You will provide coaching and advice to more junior team members, and will retain the Site Procurement Manager’s delegation of authority when out of office.
- Act as the site-based interface to stakeholders, contract owners, and local suppliers
- Work as part of a single Downstream Procurement organisation, providing a coordinated and aligned interface for business stakeholders, through effective communication and interaction with the global Downstream Procurement organisation
- Provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders, and ensure business customers are satisfied with their Procurement service
- Develop and lead a Contracting Strategy Committee to create a 5 year contracting strategy for the site
- Actively participate in any Steering team or Leadership teams for the TAR and Project community
- Manages demand analysis and gathers business needs across spend, including management and planning
- Accountable for execution of the suppler performance management agenda for the site. Leads the supplier performance management programs for Tier 1 suppliers (strategic); including supplier planning, target setting, and facilitating key meetings.
- Manages inputs to regional and/or local business, supplier and demand insight provided to category teams to inform future category and sourcing strategy development
- Work with category teams to ensure timeliness and quality of sourcing and contracting; oversee day-to-day interaction with the Global Business Services (GBS) team
- Perform contract management activities; including contract set-up (working in close partnership with Procurement Category teams), change negotiation, localisation, on-boarding contract holders and suppliers, contract implementation, disputes and claims, close-out and exit, and compliance management.
- Provide support for to the warehouse as required
- Perform high-impact expediting as required
- Provide break-in support for short wavelength sourcing, contracting and negotiating (as required by Procurement Category teams, due to business demand and capacity)
- Create a demand plan for the TAR portfolio, and host monthly reviews with peers at the other refineries. Utilize the peer network to identify cross-site opportunities for cost savings and reductions.
- Support the TAR manager with TAR planning and execution, and ensure successful completion of all TAR Common Process milestones
- Responsible for overseeing contract buyers for large TAR or project clusters
- Align and improve TAR and Project Procurement execution across North America by effectively interacting and influencing peers at other Sites
- Respond to emergency outages and incidents, as required
- Visible safety leader at the Site responsible for contributing to improve contractor safety
- Perform Self-Verification for OMS 2.5.
- Be an active member of the Contractor Review Committee.
- Complete required training and join the Incident Management Team.
University degree in a technical or related equivalent business discipline required or equivalent work experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5 years relevant experience required
- Skilled Application in business and demand planning
- Skilled Application in influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Skilled Application in organisational and project management skills
- Skilled Application in supplier management
- Skilled Application in tactical procurement
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience or understanding of category strategy execution
- Experience or understanding of sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Financial and market analysis skills
- Experience with e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools
- Developed negotiation skills
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Turnaround Engineering Lead Toledo, Ohio 11/10/2018
- Environmental, Health & Safety Internal Audit Coordinator Toledo, Ohio 07/12/2018
- Sr. Category Specialist, Maintenance Services Chicago, Illinois, Whiting, Indiana, Toledo, Ohio, Wando, South Carolina, Texas City, Texas, Blaine, Washington, 12/01/2019