Senior Environmental Air SpecialistReq ID 95273BR Job category Health, Safety, Security & Environment Countries (State/Region) Ohio Location United States - Ohio - Toledo Apply now
BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Senior Environmental Specialist - Air reports to the Environmental Team Leader within BP Husky’s Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) Department. The refinery is subject to extensive Federal and State air regulatory requirements in addition to other air emission requirements through a Consent Decree with US EPA. The Senior Environmental Specialist - Air is responsible for helping manage the existing air regulatory compliance program, including Title V Quarterly Reporting, Refinery Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT), New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), and Permits to Install. The Senior Environmental Specialist - Air provides strategic direction for meeting new compliance requirements and helps to optimize current compliance practices. In addition, the Senior Environmental Specialist - Air manages the chemical reporting programs, Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA) and Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The position also supports operational compliance applicability and implementation, stack test coordination and participation in audits.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required to provide support for your area job requirements.
- Provide technical support and leadership to the Toledo Business Unit (TBU) on air regulatory compliance and performance.
- Provide coaching and training to the front line operations team, necessary to achieve high awareness and understanding of air and chemical reporting requirements.
- Recommend and lead implementation of actions necessary to achieve continuous improvement in the air and chemical reporting programs.
- Conduct or assist in periodic audits (internal and external) of the air and chemical reporting programs.
- Prepare and submit all required reports.
- Support functionality of the software used to track Title V and other air requirements.
- Ensure refinery projects are reviewed and any air issues are addressed, including obtaining necessary permits
- As a member of the Environmental Team, maintain a working knowledge of other environmental areas (e.g. wastewater, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), release reporting).
- Function as the primary environmental contact for one of the refinery process areas.
- Maintain and develop procedures and plans for air compliance and chemical reporting tasks.
- Understand and remain compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures.
Required: 4 year technical degree required
Preferred: B.S. in Chemical Engineering preferred
Essential experience and job requirements
Required: 6 years refinery experience with Title V and air regulations at or applicable to a petrochemical facility.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Preferred: Familiarity with various Environmental regulations desired
For information regarding competency needs for this profile, please search for this job profile in our Refinery Competency Assurance Tool (RCAT): http://bp1xtxii348/compassur/
- Well-developed knowledge of relevant legislation and the consenting process.
- Critical decision making and solution focused skills.
- Extensive data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computing ability (MS Office and other packages).
- Strong negotiation and public relations skills.
- Ability to work well in a team or independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in environmental practices and initiatives.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
The 4,400 employees of BP’s Fuels, North America business refine, store, move, deliver and market a wide range of distinctive and high-quality energy products that drive economic growth. Our U.S. refineries in Indiana, Ohio and Washington have a net daily processing capacity of 746,000 barrels. We manage more than 3,200 miles of pipeline and, through our interest in BP Midstream Partners LP, have an ownership stake in nearly 1,500 additional miles.
We also have a growing network of retail stations that provide fuels and convenience products to consumers at around 7,100 BP- and ARCO-branded sites, and close to 1,000 ampm convenience stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Turnaround Engineering Lead Toledo, Ohio 11/10/2018
- Environmental, Health & Safety Internal Audit Coordinator Toledo, Ohio 07/12/2018
- Sr. Category Specialist, Maintenance Services Chicago, Illinois, Whiting, Indiana, Toledo, Ohio, Wando, South Carolina, Texas City, Texas, Blaine, Washington, 12/01/2019