Global Communications & External Affairs Executive.United Kingdom - South East - London
Job profile summary:
Do you care about what powers the world? At BP, we care deeply about how we deliver energy to the world. Working within BP, you will be in a position where you can positively influence the move towards a low carbon future.We are looking for high-potential communications and external affairs professionals at the start of their careers, to join our team as Global Communications & External Affairs Executives.As a Global Communications & External Affairs Executive at BP, you will experience a range of roles and enjoy an international placement during a two-year development programme, after which you will move to a permanent role.Do you want to turbo charge your communications or external affairs career? To find out more, please visit bp.com/careers.
- This programme is designed for high potential communications professionals at the start of their careers, with roughly three to five years’ experience.
- You will benefit from placements ranging from social media, government relations and business communications. Most roles will be UK-based but candidates will complete at least one international placement.
- Key responsibilities will include:
- Researching and preparing briefs on the key issues impacting BP’s reputation and business value;
- Identifying, defining, mapping and developing influence plans for key stakeholders;
- Writing speeches, opinion pieces, executive briefs and reports to support showcasing BP’s thought leadership;
- Contributing to and executing integrated campaign plans;
- Using a variety of tools to analyse and report insights on key business issues to inform and refine advocacy;
- Contributing to BP’s crisis response capability.
- Essential criteria:
- You should have experience contributing to integrated campaigns using a variety of tactics from within an in-house team, external agency, political office or equivalent setting;
- You will have excellent writing skills in a variety of formats (detailed, informal, blogging etc);
- An introductory understanding of issues management;
- Proven project management ability;
- Experience researching and analysing issues and campaign effectiveness;
- We’re a relationship-based company - your ability to build enduring and influencing relationships will be critical for your success.
- Degree-level educated
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.