National Key Account Manager - Industrial direct salesUnited Kingdom - Midlands - Northampton
Job profile summary:
Responsible for managing regional direct sales activities, delivering the strategic plan to meet the business' growth aspirations and supporting the development of sales direct/B2B strategies to maximise profitability and Business to Business (B2B) sales opportunities.The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
A small number of large accounts and customer groups are playing an increasingly important role in the delivery of our strategy. As we seek to develop and grow our presence in this part of the market, planning and executing World Class Account Management and Strategic Prospecting will become critical capabilities. The National Key Account Manager is managing the interface between the Company and a small number of Accounts in a territory, and will drive growth within our existing customer portfolio, as well as identifying and exploiting new opportunities in the defined market space.
- Develop (and agree both internally and externally) the annual Key Account plan for each Key Account in the area of responsibility. These Key Account Plans are aligned with the overall business strategy and any agreements with relevant strategic partners (OEM etc). They should also be aligned to internal marketing initiatives and product/services launches, the Key Account’s expectations and needs as well as being fully compliant to both BP’s and customers HSSE and Ethical and compliance standards. They will encompass improvement of agreed performance indicators for both the Key Account and BP and drive increased overall profitability in line with the business strategy.
- Input to and execute a regionally agreed Prospecting strategy for key accounts, including data gathering, market knowledge, stakeholder and relationship management and tender/offer processes, which may include participation in processes across several territories and/or countries, as well as channels.
- Implement the annual Key Account plan with the Account portfolio, regarding:
- Identifying critical customer needs and match our Value Proposition to those needs.
- Execution of agreed activities to maximize Customer and Company objectives and value
- Stakeholder and Relationship management at all levels and through all functions of the Customer and the Company
- HSSE and Ethical compliance
- Manage all revenues and costs associated within the activity at the Key account to maximise impact on account profitability
- Collect and monitor results from the execution, both from a Customer and a Company perspective, and analyse against the planning, and run (min) quarterly Business reviews in order to undertake corrective actions if necessary. Share insight, market knowledge and experience in structured format using available CRM tools and methodology.
- Understand and fulfil agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities which apply to the role of National Key Account Manager.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in a B2B Account Management role mandatory
- Experience of working in a matrix organization with complex customer interfaces mandatory
- Lubricants experience desirable
- Experience of managing negotiations at board level desirable
This role is homebased & you'll ideally be located in the Midlands, North of England or Scotland.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.