Partnership Sales ManagerUnited Kingdom - South East - Milton Keynes
Job profile summary:
Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Account strategy to achieve the short/long term business objectives, managing the daily selling job and taking accountability for the top line KPIs and using sound technical knowledge to support the implementation of major sales and marketing activities, while assisting in hiring, training and coaching to build up a highly motivated, capable and effective team to support sustainable growth. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
BP Chargemaster (BPCM) is the UK’s leading electric vehicle charging company. It operates the UK’s largest charging network (Polar) of over 7,000 public charge points, 60,000 customers, supplying and installing around 1,000 home charging “wallboxes” each month, employing 350 employees and have over 10 years of experience in charge point manufacture and installation.
BP, a $130 billion company with 80,000 employees globally, acquired Chargemaster in July 2018 as an important step to execute its electrification strategy and aspiration to provide the fastest and most convenient network of charging delivered through exceptional customer experience and innovative offers and services.
The intent is to grow the business significantly in the future, both in UK and to expand into other priority geographies to create the strategic platform for future growth.
The company’s base is currently in Luton, with a purpose-built headquarters building and assembly plant currently under construction in Milton Keynes; the operation is expected to move to its new home in the next 12 months.
Day to day accountability for all safety, financial performance and strategic execution of all OEM and Leasing partnering sales activities within BPCM.
- Lead all strategic partnership developments with OEMs/Leasing companies
- Develop and deliver account plans with OEMs/Leasing companies
- Work with OEM/Leasing companies and internal stakeholders to define required workflow processes for the required customer journey
- Working with the legal team, define and negotiate contracts with purchasers
- Act as conduit to all BP teams supporting strategic accounts (AMU, GAM etc.)
- Develop sales and KPI targets in line with annual performance plans
- Ensure HSE risks of installations have been considered and mitigated appropriately
- Paying close focus to BP's Code of Conduct, be accountable for delivery of all works submissions to partners
- Manage and enhance strategic relationships as required
- Potential development (6-12 months) of role to include management of two direct reports and overall team of 20 people
- Deep senior sales or relationship management experience, preferably having worked in the OEM and/or EV sectors
- Expertise in strong interface and relationship building with external parties and senior internal stakeholders and in generating win/win situation
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to what is a fast-changing environment and therefore to manage a degree of ambiguity
- Experience of managing and growing a customer facing business
- Experience of implementing change management processes and acting as a change agent
- Deep understanding of business models and a strong commercial capability
- Strong teamworking capability and ability to lead, motivate and energise staff
- Significant bias for action and strong communication skills are essential
Education & Qualifications
- Degree level educated preferred
- Role initially based between Milton Keynes and Luton, relocating to purpose build premise in Milton Keynes in the next 12 months
- Travel – 25% - 50% across the UK (some OEM/leasing companies will be in the Milton Keynes vicinity)
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.