Job profile summary:
Responsible for performing maintenance work associated with the production or refining of oil and gas. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the Warminster plant’s assets with the goals of achieving and continuously improving upon quality, customer service, and superior HSSE (No accidents, No Harm to People, No damage to the Environment). 2nd Shift Tech.
- Maintain all plant equipment such as blending and packaging equipment, valves, pumps, hot oil and steam systems.
- Maintain equipment, materials, and work areas to ensure they are clean, safe, and organized.
- Perform manual labor tasks in a skillful, controlled, safe and professional manner in order to accomplish job duties including lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Review, initiate and complete work orders, preventative maintenance, corrective work, and predictive maintenance assignments in a timely manner.
- Assess projects, develop a bill of materials, obtain approvals for purchase, and place orders for parts and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining an adequate inventory of back up equipment, replacement parts and shop materials to ensure the proper operation of manufacturing and maintenance department.
- Take action to identify and prevent problems related to HSSE, Quality and recommend actions towards continuous improvement solutions to improve processes.
- Execute and work within a shared leadership team environment while following all applicable BP standards.
- Perform work in skilled areas of fabrication, assembly, welding, cutting and pipefitting.
- Effectively follow all qualified unit and company rules, guidelines, and health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) practices and procedures.
- Ensures all maintenance work is carried out in a safe manner
- Ensures the effective working of the Permit to Work system
- Monitors equipment and systems to ensure that the required performance is maintained
- Ensures the plant, processes and equipment are functioning efficiently
- Delivers and implements relevant policies in the Operating Management System (OMS).
- Complies with BP’s Code of Conduct and models BP’s Values & Behaviors.
Other Requirements (eg Hours, Training, etc…) :
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to work 2nd shift hours, but train on various shifts
- Must be willing to operate Motorized equipment (Forktruck, High Reach, Etc)
- Must have a basic understanding of computer programs (i.e. e-mail, data entry, document review)
- Should have knowledge of PLCs interaction.
- Should have experience with computer maintenance management systems (ex. Maximo)
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.